unfrail

Weapon Cache Struck by Saudi Air Strike (reddit)

Just saw this on reddit, and I figured I'd post it here so we could nerd out about it. Its a scud missile cache that was struck by Saudi jets.

Talk about scary shit. Makes me wonder whether the Scuds or the Airstrike were more responsible for the blast that size.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/33hfe7/saudi_airstrike_hits_a_weapons_cache_in_yemen/

SEE! THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T KEEP ALL YOUR SCUDS IN  ONE PLACE!

I told ya once...You're a sneaky Basket lol,talking about baskets you know how the saying goes...Don't put all your eggs in one basket!... :lol:

i think it was like 40+ killed, 100+ wounded in that explosion. and since this is off topic i can say (i think) this about the video: brought to you by US tax dollars and Saudi 911 covert ops!  ;) it got me a couple up-votes on liveleak

i think it was like 40+ killed, 100+ wounded in that explosion. and since this is off topic i can say (i think) this about the video: brought to you by US tax dollars and Saudi 911 covert ops!  ;) it got me a couple up-votes on liveleak

You think the US funded this? I mean, I'm sure we were cooperative, but I'm pretty sure the Saud's have more interest in quelling this rebellion than we do, and they are the ones taking a more active role independent of our foreign policy. Granted, I'm sure we have CIA operatives in the area and are cooperating, but... The Sauds have a damn good reason with out us to want to blow up these rebel's cache of SRBMs. Pretty sure this was self preservation of the Saudis and not American Interventionism.

Your not wrong,of course it was the good US,the Saudis are too dumb stupid to find the scud pile by themselves!... :lol:

Lets not call a ''whole'' nationality dumb here now. @raging-death

On topic; Holy shit, is that kind of explosion comparable to any bombs/missiles used by a military?

Your not wrong,of course it was the good US,the Saudis are too dumb stupid to find the scud pile by themselves!... :lol:

Lets show some class, eh?

On topic; Holy shit, is that kind of explosion comparable to any bombs/missiles used by a military?

I tried looking up some vids of SCUD hits, and methinks the fireball could be largely attributed to the Russian engineering of said SRBMs.

You think the US funded this? I mean, I'm sure we were cooperative, but I'm pretty sure the Saud's have more interest in quelling this rebellion than we do, and they are the ones taking a more active role independent of our foreign policy. Granted, I'm sure we have CIA operatives in the area and are cooperating, but... The Sauds have a damn good reason with out us to want to blow up these rebel's cache of SRBMs. Pretty sure this was self preservation of the Saudis and not American Interventionism.

maybe not this exact sortie exactly (but most likely imo). regardless without US weapons and support i dont think the Saudi bombing of Yemen would have been as one sided a fight as it is. the US provided/sold $60 billion dollars worth of weapons and other war material to Saudi Arabia, and that was back in 2010 (source: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/sep/13/us-saudi-arabia-arms-deal). oh and i think that arms deal benefited the MIC not the American people whose taxes were used. 

i think this Saudi interventionism is mirroring American interventionism in that it is not actually for regional stabilization but for regional dominance. former Yemeni "president" Hadi (more like dictator/strongman/Saudi puppet as he was not democratically elected) was ousted by Houthi rebels, yes, but really what threat does/did Yemen--one of the poorest countries in the world--pose to Saudi Arabia, a dominant regional power? not enough to bomb the hell out of them to say the least, imo.

also, Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) is gaining ground in Yemen and attacking the Houthis as is ISIS yet both Saudi Arabia and the US have no qualms with that. indeed, the US/SA are helping AQAP and ISIS defeat the Houthis and visa versa!

(sources: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-31989844 and http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/al-qaeda-franchise-in-yemen-exploits-chaos-to-rebuild-officials-say/2015/04/04/207208da-d88f-11e4-ba28-f2a685dc7f89_story.html)

so yea, i think Saudi Arabia's interests are not in security but in controlling the lucrative shipping lanes and ports that Yemen has due to its location. its a geo-politco-economic thing, not a national security thing imo  ;)

so yea, i think Saudi Arabia's interests are not in security but in controlling the lucrative shipping lanes and ports that Yemen has due to its location. its a geo-politco-economic thing, not a national security thing imo  ;)

This Word!!...Saudi/US have no Interest on the well-being of the Yemen people!...It's all got to do with greed and power! Oil=power/wealth.

That's the only reason why we help out the Saudis(Why)Gawd knows!... :P

Lets not call a ''whole'' nationality dumb here now. @raging-death

Wrong Sir!...." Was Talkin' about there Military"  not about the Saudis/Citizens!....

Wrong Sir!...." Was Talkin' about there Military" not about the Saudis/Citizens!....

So, I believe you could try to be more specific next time, right?