gec

buildable Generators

gec   

What do you guys think about being able to build generators along with sandbags and stuff, you could make spotlights and stuff for your heavily fortified fobs during night missions, or radar for when vehicles show up. Not to mention all the things that require electricity that i havent thought about.

Stom   

That would be pretty cool.

I'm not sure about advanced stuff like radar but spotlights and floodlights could be really useful for night missions, especially for the irregulars in insurgency.

I feel like this is going too far, we are not playing a sandbox base building game here. The main focus should always be the objectives of the map, not who builds the best fortress contest.

You may wanna give something like Ace of Spades a try though. Classic mode is perhaps exactly what you're looking for.

the spot lights would just be big targets for the enemy and give away your fob location.
And I don't think the average soldier knows how to engineer a diesel or gas generator using just a shovel lol.

neat idea, but not really good for this game. Although I'm excited to see all the SquadCraft mods people come out with.

Stom   

You guys are looking past the actual value of being able to construct lights and just clumping it as a minecraft addition.

Imagine that you're playing defenders in insurgency in a dense urban map. It's night time and there's not much light so you set up some flood lights in alleys and on street corners and get your squad set up on a roof top. Now you've taken the sneaky back paths and turned them into killzones for the enemy which gives them another problem to overcome and makes the whole match much more interesting.

I'm not thinking of this as something you set up in your fortress to make it pretty, lights would be much more useful outside of any construction and working to improve the terrain to the defenders advantage.

We can forgo the generators entirely but I think that lights are a hell of a good idea and shouldn't be ignored.

All bases will not be hidden.

Gameplay now is nothing of what it will be.

Lights can have many purposes; bait, counters NVG, seeing when you don't have NVGs etc.

All bases will not be hidden.

Gameplay now is nothing of what it will be.

Lights can have many purposes; bait, counters NVG, seeing when you don't have NVGs etc.

Would be kind of cool to play all maps on night layers.

Hawk_345   

Again, as others have stated, it is a neat idea and could be fun. However I do feel people are sometimes viewing FOBs as settlements in FO4. While it could prove useful on the night operations. I think the FOB defenders would rather stay hidden and quiet rather than a loud generator making noise over their voice coms and letting the enemy know exactly where they are.

That being said, maybe some static lights in some compounds or buildings could be nice. Or even a fire in a barrel...ect.... on streets could add the same effect of casting shadows and so on. That might be a way to include some of what this suggestion has aimed to do. 

If you guys don't like the lack of lights, or want to counter NVGs. Wait for mortars, fire a few illumination rounds and watch as your well-equipped enemies eye's burn and as their bodies tremble!  :angry:

Ooops, sorry. Don't know where that came from... *staring at CoD poster*

If you guys don't like the lack of lights, or want to counter NVGs. Wait for mortars, fire a few illumination rounds and watch as your well-equipped enemies eye's burn and as their bodies tremble!  :angry:

Ooops, sorry. Don't know where that came from... *staring at CoD poster*

I'm all for illum rounds. Literally turns night into day

gec   

Well, Im not in favour of super fobs either, thats not what i was suggesting. I do however recognise the need for super fobs when the situation requires it. However i know there are many things the millitairy does with things like this.. Huge speakers to play defening music \ noise at enemy entrenched positions as psycological warfare and to make communications .. difficult.
Electrified defenses, Larger coms centers etc..

I just wanted to test the waters on the topic :)

gec   

the spot lights would just be big targets for the enemy and give away your fob location.

And I don't think the average soldier knows how to engineer a diesel or gas generator using just a shovel lol.

neat idea, but not really good for this game. Although I'm excited to see all the SquadCraft mods people come out with.

I don't think they can engineer 4 foot tall stacks of radio equipment or a 100 pound pile of ammo using shovels either. But that is beside the point.

I don't find this feature to be bad, but it's certainly not in the main focus of the spirit of the game.

​As soon as modding is possible, you'll see people building in all kinds of shits, you won't believe your eyes.

​I can imagine this being one of the modded in features.

Yes, please add lights so morons can give away their positions even more easily. After all, I'll need to clearly see my mortar targets  B)  and these sunglasses make it hard at night.

Yes, please add lights so morons can give away their positions even more easily. After all, I'll need to clearly see my mortar targets  B)  and these sunglasses make it hard at night.

Takin' fire from the northwest, damn JWK SF guy screwin' around on the mortars.

*decimated by mortar when giving exact grid ref*