AbortedMan

Super FOB Discussion

Once stationery weapons are added FOBs will become a lot more useful but right now there isn't much need for anything other than a well hidden Radio.

Once stationery weapons are added FOBs will become a lot more useful but right now there isn't much need for anything other than a well hidden Radio.

Depends on situation. Each game is different and i somehow like those FOBs if they gives some logic and are well played. 

More annoying is if 1 or 2 squads are camping on hills near edge of mal building FOB and doing nothing while we are losing flags. And they are insulting you if you are trying to ask them for help.

There are some situations that I'll throw a FOB down on or near a flag. Generally when we are trying to press an advantage. Only very special circumstances and on certain flags will I do it though. As a general rule though, don't put them on flags or on routes between flags.

I think when we need a logistics truck to deploy a FOB this won't happen, since I don't think people will risk moving a truck directly to a flag.

Find another squad's leader and work with him. Have him destroy the fob while you and 2 squad mates get into a better position and build the fob as soon as the old one is removed, denying the minecraft squad the ability to rebuild it in that location.

BUILDING A FORTRESS DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!

You just get sucked into an enemy surrounded grenade catching party! 

Well don't forget that FOB=unlimited ammo depot at hand so as defender you can actually endlessly spam grenades and rockets at the approaching enemy. Everybody knows that with intense covering and direct fire you will run out of ammo very quickly - so that can be a limiting factor for the FOB attacker who carries a limited amount of resources. 

love the feature of building FOBs let me say that to begin, creates a great feature to the game which i have not seen before. In saying that i disagree with building fortresses, most of the time i find that 2 things happen when team end up building fortresses. 1 it is built in the middle of no where and it ends up a waste of time and manning instead of achieving the team objectives, 2 it turns into FOB battles between the 2 teams and the game losses all point. No longer a game of tactics but who can launch the most HE at each other. 

fob on an insurgency cache is bad, built it nearby and you have 2 spawn points and a much better chance of defending as you can spawn faster when enemy get nearby. 

people dont seem to get the concept that enemy close to a spawn point makes the time go up.

if the fob is in range of the cache you can still block up some sections of the cache location and you have a decoy location to buy you some more time.

we had 2 superfobs within 200m of each other in a town the other day, was probably the best battle ive had yet. Constant fire from the rooftop bunkers, nades everywhere and 4 medics with insanely high scores from reviving. We eventually lost our fob and the flag but won on tickets thanks to our medics.

I think when a Commander is in, he should approve/disapprove the FOBS (e.g. request to build here)...or at least remotely dismantle them if its a minecraft squad.

Was on one last night where my squad was being team killed for trying to escape the grenadarium.

It's really getting fun.

If your sole task from the beginning is "Hey, lets build a Super FOB!", then ya your not helping the team.  However, if you Squad is tasked with defending a flag or area and over time your defenses turn into something large but ya its okay.  You should ALWAYs be improving your fighting position.  

THAT is using your head.  Unfortunately that is NOT what is happening in 99% of the games that superfobs are created.

Any of you Super Fob haters ever watched Restrepo? or know what Hamburger Hill was... you guys act like "Digging In" is an unreal tactic... but don't understand that, its what you have to do in order to have a home on the battlefield... Im in the gray when it comes to super fobs, I don't tend to build them; Instead I find the biggest bush possible an place my FOB inside it with "NO" barriers anywhere near it! But ill whip out a shovel if a super fob is going up!

Just stop! You're being a useless asset to the team and single-handedly losing the match for everyone on your side. Here's how every FOB fortress/super FOB/closed-off-compound-with-FOB-inside scenario goes:

1. One squad that isn't listening to anyone's ideas, plans, or suggestions finds a compound...usually a compound that is a flag.

2. Aforementioned squad builds a FOB and puts a bunch of sandbags and crap on the compound so no enemies can get in.

3. Since no one can make a FOB nearby in an actually useful place due to the proximity limitations, the entire team starts spawning here.

4. Enemy gets wise to what's going on and surrounds the compound, laughing and giggling while killing anyone that climbs out or throwing grenades and firing rockets in.

End result: Enemy has free reign of map to capture objectives and extremely easy access to chunking your team's tickets with one or two grenades.

Creating a fortress in Squad doesn't afford you a super impenetrable safe zone of warmth and coziness like you people are thinking. Just stop doing it. It's not that kind of game...you're thinking of Minecraft. Go play that.

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/10242-grenade-suppression-inside-fob-fob-defence-and-tactics/

Any of you Super Fob haters ever watched Restrepo? or know what Hamburger Hill was... you guys act like "Digging In" is an unreal tactic... but don't understand that, its what you have to do in order to have a home on the battlefield... Im in the gray when it comes to super fobs, I don't tend to build them; Instead I find the biggest bush possible an place my FOB inside it with "NO" barriers anywhere near it! But ill whip out a shovel if a super fob is going up!

I've never watched Restrepo but Hamburger Hill got its name because it was an objective that served no strategic or tactical importance to the surrounding area. Hundreds of men died on that useless hill simply because the enemy was there. In fact, Hamburger Hill highlights the futility of Super FOBs.

LOL I have yet to see a "grenade-proof" FOB as claimed here.  

For every story here about the successful fun SuperFOB saving the day, there are dozens of failed FOB-fiascos happening constantly.

Super Fobs are not a bad idea at all. It can be a powerfull asset. For example good overwatch position (insurgency game mode), supressing enemy reinforcements to a flag.

This cases needs a good spot for sure.

I can agree there are a lot fobs just useless when it's placed in nowhere middle in neverland. Or when a Squad holding it near a Flag which is not an actual Objective and the wholeTeam is defending the last flags miles away.

Happend too often i know.

Squaddies have to learn where a superfob is usefull, where it's useless and when the time has come to just leave it alone and fight for Teams goals.

I know it can depress the whole Team if 1 Squad building and defending a useless fob. Just don't give a shit on that bad Things and remember it's just a Game. There will be everytime in every Game good and bad times. And Guys with bad behavior as well.

See u on battlefield

This is Squad, not Restrepo. The same rules don't apply in Restrepo, namely the respawning and subsequent "no fear" attitude that is required to regularly walk up to a wall of hescos and toss a grenade over.

Not to mention that to kill a super FOB, you don't even need to get in next to it.  Just simply stand in its radius and Farm kills off of its occupants with nades and 203 rounds, until you have enough of your team in the radius to take it down.  If that mechanic stays even after supplies are introduced than I'm never building a FOB again. 

The time it takes to build one of these minecraft wonders is EXACTLY how long it takes the enemy to cap all your flags BTW.   Insurgency withstanding, Super FOBs are worthless.

I was in a match where my SL thought it'd be a good idea to put a FOB right smack on a flag. I told him it was a terrible spot and he told me I didn't know what I was talking about and that he's done this before and it worked.

I joined a new squad and stayed outside of their self-made coffin and watched as they got surrounded, cornered, naded, and eventually overrun. The entire time his whole squad was useless to the team because you now have 9 people out of the fight all concentrated in one spot while the enemy team has free reign in the area. It probably worked well for him before because the enemy team was terrible, but against any decent team Super flag FOBs never work.

The best defense is a good offense. You want the enemy reacting to YOU, not you reacting to the enemy. Always have the initiative. Keep the battle momentum going. Go read Sun Tzu.

i7wEKAsl.jpg

Let people build whatever they feel like as long as it benefits the team.

I would like to see more materials and deployables.

Sandbox gaming is the future!