Spectral

Added steam server browser support

Is there a website version of this that's outside of the Steam app?

For years I've begged Steam to allow font size increases or "zoom" in their store browser.  I can't read that sheet from my couch ;)  Think it's been that way since I was playing DOD at 800x600.

http://squad.rocks

Enjoy! B)​

Nice to see this browser again.. havent seen this since cs 1.6.

I wonder why devs choose to go with lobbies and no dedicated servers with browsers?

Does anyone know this.

I wonder why devs choose to go with lobbies and no dedicated servers with browsers?

Does anyone know this.

I assume you mean like in other games with no ability to pick a server and you only get matchmaking.

They argue that finding a server is "difficult" and people want to just "jump in and play". It's probably true for some people, but definitely not for others. I love having a regular server where you see the same people over and over.

I love having custom servers with weird rules and game modes too, although I'll concede they do fracture the community a bit.

STEAM Server list fails so bad.. shows room for 3 more and it will tell me its full.. I go to join from within the game and BAM! I'm in. 

I experience more or less the same thing. Steam browser might show 83/60 players (way beyond full) and stop me from joining, but in the game I would still be able to join. I'm also not convinced about the queue/auto-join system works properly. In-game joining will always be quicker and more successful than through steam, somehow.

Many thanks

Is there a way of showing if the friend is on a full server by the name friend name 50/72 or mouse over server details.

more than three months later - still nothing new here - any fixes on that? it never worked for me and my buddies! maybe u should fix theese basics before even thinking about a two class server-browser solution called "licensed server". i also saw many threads where clans were waiting for their license for more than three weeks?!

Edited by 8mmMauser

On 13.1.2016 at 2:17 AM, Spectral said:

You can now use the steam server browser by clicking on Steam -> View -> Servers -> Change Filters and select Squad as the game.

You guys can use this if you would like to have auto-retry to join full servers.

rlMmH8T.png

is this wortking for anyone?

when will this be fixed?

Gday

Its been a while since Ive played Squad

I just tested it 5 minutes ago

The in game server browser just sits like its having  quiet cry in the background

and the steam server method fails to join

do i have to download the soundtrack to get the steambrowser working???

Edited by 8mmMauser

I can't manage to join games using the Steam browser, whether I use Auto-Join or not.