CMW DarthOnaga

Outstanding Alpha 3.9 Update!

Developers,

I am VERY happy with the update! After this update, I am now getting 12 FPS higher than I was in 3.8 and am now able to run it in EPIC with 35FPS (opposed to the 22-25)! I have an AMD CPU, so I am very happy with the increased FPS. Well done. I look forward to the next major content release!

-Darth

Well I don't have an AMD but I play this game on below minimum specs atm and i got an overall increase of about 5-7 FPS. From 10/14 - 15/20.  I am very happy and look forward to more updates. Please note that I had to re-do some of the ini. config tweaks.  It looks like some were preserved but others taken away.  So if you updated and are experiencing problems, do the same ini. tweaks you did before.

E8400 dual core 3 GHZ (hehe)

gts 250 1g vram (hehe).

Well I don't have an AMD but I play this game on below minimum specs atm and i got an overall increase of about 5-7 FPS. From 10/14 - 15/20.  I am very happy and look forward to more updates. Please note that I had to re-do some of the ini. config tweaks.  It looks like some were preserved but others taken away.  So if you updated and are experiencing problems, do the same ini. tweaks you did before.

gts 250 1g vram (hehe).

How does it feel to know the phone in your pocket is probably more powerful? lol

I have also noticed a lot smoother gameplay after the patch.  Thanks devs. :D

I have also noticed a lot smoother gameplay after the patch.  Thanks devs. :D

Unfortunately a lot of people including me can't even get into a server

I'm keep getting disconnected from my game due to server crashes; not to mention the additional rubber banding (more than before) audio cutout and radio lag after having updated to alpha v3.9.

How does it feel to know the phone in your pocket is probably more powerful? lol

This guy.

I'm keep getting disconnected from my game due to server crashes; not to mention the additional rubber banding (more than before) audio cutout and radio lag after having updated to alpha v3.9.

Are you using an AMD cpu just out of curiosity?  The .ini configs regarding max audio channels were reset back to 128 so you may want to go back and check if you still have it at 96.  Did you check to make sure all your config tweaks were re-inserted after update?  

Are you using an AMD cpu just out of curiosity?  The .ini configs regarding max audio channels were reset back to 128 so you may want to go back and check if you still have it at 96.  Did you check to make sure all your config tweaks were re-inserted after update?  

Nope, check my signature, i'm running on an Intel CPU.

What resolution are you playing on Matters?

Still playing on old spec e8400 and gts250 1g vram all settings low and using the ini. tweaks you can find on these forums for extra FPS. 

Resolution is 1400x900.  15-20 FPS average.

Nope, check my signature, i'm running on an Intel CPU.

That sucks.  I am assuming you re did all of the tweaks if any, in which case I have no idea.  It seems like some people benefited form the patch while others are suffering.  I admit it is concerning but I have faith in the devs.  

Have you tried bumping it down to a raw 1280x720? It will look a little worse but you'll probably pull a few extra frames. Also make sure your FOV is set to 85.

Unfortunately a lot of people including me can't even get into a server :(

The problem för me is that the server browser doesn't updatde, which makes it really difficult to get into populated servers.

Also blue shirts for militia is unfair. Make them green

Have you tried bumping it down to a raw 1280x720? It will look a little worse but you'll probably pull a few extra frames. Also make sure your FOV is set to 85.

I wonder if lowering resolution but increasing scaling would mitigate some of the quality drop?

gts 250 1g vram (hehe).

One thing I can suggest that helps a lot of people with weak CPU's is to have a fresh install of windows for your steam games on a separate partition. Most people end up with a ton of background processes (updaters, drivers, helper programs ect) they don't need for gaming taking up their cpu cycles and ram. With a weak cpu that can matter more than you think especially without quad/hyperthreading.

Windows also comes with a bunch of extra services you don't need that you can remove from your gaming partition. Turn off indexing,recovery,defender,superfetch,cornata,printer spooling ect. There are a ton of things you don't need going in the background while playing squad.

I bet you can squeeze out a few extra FPS doing this.

Gamebooster do a pretty good job with clearing our unnesmcessary background apps :)

I'm not sure if its coincidence but my ping is ALL OVER THE PLACE  since the patch.  playing on server with 50 ping and below, and I get in game and it sky rocketing to 500 along with everyone else.

ooooh!! When a Forum Admin burns you! lol 

I wonder if lowering resolution but increasing scaling would mitigate some of the quality drop?

Don't bother with scaling it won't really help, just take the extra frames and deal with the quality drop. I'm sure in your case a any extra fps would make a big difference. 

I noticed an increase in performance in most maps, except fools road... I have had a significant decrease in FPS for that map since the update... Were talking from avg 35-40 fps to 20-25 fps after update.... only on fools road... any ideas as to why? 

I do not like the restrictions of weapons while in a squad.

Its not what i was hoping to play as a riflemen, and i play a marksmen role. Boring.

I do not like the restrictions of weapons while in a squad.

Its not what i was hoping to play as a riflemen, and i play a marksmen role. Boring.

Start a new squad, play as squad leader.

does decreasing FOV help performance?

Well I don't want to reinstall Windows but I do use a program called tuneup utilities that has a turbo mode which I think is like ganebooster and maybe better?

Edit:

Are there any programs that bring you close to a fresh install of Windows without actually doing it?