Crafted

Squad Tags & General Questions

Hi everyone.

Been playing for about a week now and I'm loving this game. I'm also new to this forum. However, I've got some questions that may sound strange or stupid:

1: Are there any servers in particular, forums in here or other places that have arranged matches on Squad for "noobs"? Just so new people with zero experience or understanding would get a chance to learn how to play?

2: How do you find a particular server ingame? I have not seen a way to search for servers,- only updating the server list.

3: It's not easy finding a good tutorial on how to play as a squad leader. I've come across a few, but they tend to leave important information (for me that is), such as how "FOV-points" or whatever they are called,- work. Any good tutorials out there?
In the game, I had to learn how to build and maintain a fortificated position from a guy who kept yelling and team-killing in order for the other 2 squads to maintain their position. It's a game, and some of us just need to be respected for not having sufficient knowledge. Even as a rifleman.

4: Isn't people banned/kicked for "x" amounts of team-kills? This did not happen while on a server 9 hours before I wrote this. 1 guy team-killed over 10 times within 10 minutes.

5: Is it possible to kick people from my squad? How?
And is it possible to kick an unassigned member somehow?

6: Names ingame sometimes got a tag. What's that good for and how do you get it?

Last question that is likely to be the dumbest one;
I've got the best resolution while playing, but never tend to see the enemy unless they are about 30m away. Everyone else seem to be pretty good at spotting enemy from a good distance, even while they are not "snipers". Is there any trick to spot enemies in dense enviroments, such as in a poppy-field or other flora?

Any answer is highly valuabled. Thank you!

I believe I can answer SOME of these questions.

2: How do you find a particular server ingame? I have not seen a way to search for servers,- only updating the server list.

A: http://Squad.rocks is now useful for joining a specific server, you can also join on friends.

3: It's not easy finding a good tutorial on how to play as a squad leader. I've come across a few, but they tend to leave important information (for me that is), such as how "FOV-points" or whatever they are called,- work. Any good tutorials out there?
In the game, I had to learn how to build and maintain a fortificated position from a guy who kept yelling and team-killing in order for the other 2 squads to maintain their position. It's a game, and some of us just need to be respected for not having sufficient knowledge. Even as a rifleman.

A: There are plenty of youtube tutorials around, I can't remember the specifics but do a search on youtube or google and you should get some answers. If anything, find a server hosted by a clan, they will generally be open to helping new players learn the ropes and get everything figured out for the most part.

4: Isn't people banned/kicked for "x" amounts of team-kills? This did not happen while on a server 9 hours before I wrote this. 1 guy team-killed over 10 times within 10 minutes.

A: Not implemented yet I don't believe. Until a server script is written to detect that, or it's implemented in the game itself, it's up to the sever admins to deal with it.

5: Is it possible to kick people from my squad? How?
And is it possible to kick an unassigned member somehow?

A: yes, you can kick people from your squad, IF you are the squad leader. Just click on their name and kick player, you can also promote them to squad leader in this way.

6: Names ingame sometimes got a tag. What's that good for and how do you get it?

A: If someone has a tag, that means they are part of a group/clan. Whether it's [Redcoats], [RIP], [sFSS], or [303RD]

Last question that is likely to be the dumbest one;
I've got the best resolution while playing, but never tend to see the enemy unless they are about 30m away. Everyone else seem to be pretty good at spotting enemy from a good distance, even while they are not "snipers". Is there any trick to spot enemies in dense enviroments, such as in a poppy-field or other flora?

A: No real trick, except to look really. I know it sounds redundant but spending a bit of time staring at a particular point where there may be enemies, or that you've been told there are enemies, will allow you to learn that area and anything that looks strange or different will pop out pretty quick.

EDIT: regarding my answer to Question 3, finding a good squad leader tutorial is going to be hard by nature. The best thing that I have heard works pretty well is joining a squad that has a good squad leader and paying attention to what they do, where they go, and what they're saying about any particular situation. Of course communicating between the squads as well as squad chat and local chat is a different dynamic to get used to.

EDIT 2: I just noticed in Question 3 you mentioned "FOV-points" I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, if you could elaborate I could probably give a better answer :)

Also the manual (there's a session in the forum where you can download it) gives you the basic mechanics of the game.

Before take squad leading I suggest you to play quite a fewgames before attempting to do so. Search for a server where people use mic or better, try to stick to those people with a Tag. Some of those might kick you from the squad , but I am sure the majority of them will be happy to have you in their squad.

Also do not be shy! Use the mic and ask questions! (maybe not in the middle of the firefight ;) )

English is not my mothers tounge, and I'm kinda rusty finding the right words for the right time- expecially in the middle of a firefight. But the community of this game is fantastic compared to alot of other war-based games.
I will continue to enjoy the game based on this. Thank you:)

Hey and welcome in community Crafted :) 

If you would like to be Squad Leader. You should 

- know all classes very well how to play with them. Their weak and strong points. Because you lead. And you should know limitation of each kit and take it into account. 

- knowledge how to survive firefight. Know how to move in terrain, how to spot, report and create Assault/Defense plan, how to cover, how use camo, how fight and not die easly. 

- know how to communicate with people around you and your squad and other squad leaders. 

- good orientation skills in terrain 

- fast decisions 

- be calm 

- be chill 

With this. People will follow you and hold you on their shoulders. If you dont have this. If Squad Leading stress you and you are tired after leading. Its possible that this class is not for you. If you will find out that round was enjoyable even it was hard for you because you dont have proper skills. Keep hardworking and after some time (it can be years. No kidding) you will become Squad Leader. 

Yelling doesnt work, silents doesnt work, play like harakiri doesnt work. Squad leading is not for everyone. There are some players with "talents" or skills from army or from their works. And they already lead. Some which have fun in game and work on it. Some which dont understand that they will not be leaders and they are just stubborn. :)

Squad Leading is really hardest class in this game. I think easiest is common rifleman. Just follow learn how to survive. Its enough. Medic is enjoyable by reviveing. Not fight much if its played well. LAT and Grenadier are enjoyable if you like explosives. And watchout Backblast can kill your friendlies behind you. ACOG/Sniper well people love them or hate them. LMG should focus at good surpresing. More kits will come in future.  

Take it easy and start slow :)  So have a fun. And see you at field. 

Crafted - i recommend searching the forums for posts by Cheesy LeScrub and ++++++ ( also known as plussy, etc) they have some OUTSTANDING tactical guides that, in addition to the game manual , should give you a good start. I'll look around for the posts and , if i can find them, link them back here

Hang in there, we were all noobs once.