Sign in to follow this  
bilsantu

Weapons' Authenticity

As you can guess from the title, how authentic the weapons are at the moment? Like, is there any difference between AKM and AK-47 (or was it AK-74, I forgot) or Militia/Insurgency weapon compared with USA and Russia factions besides models?

Also, how authentic are the weapons going to be or at least planned at the moment?

The devs have advisors (and some of them are military), so it'll be as authentic as possible without compromising gameplay or ballance issues.

The ultimate plan is to model them after their real-life capabilities; depending on caliber, weight, damage, rate of fire and so on, each rifle will be a little different from the other, though in the end the differences may only be really noticeable when talking about different types of firearms(PDWs, Assault Rifles, SMGs and so on).

What warpigau says, it's about making them unique but balanced, that is a hard thing to do, the devs have also often stated that some of the current weapons are placeholders.

I hope they get it right! Sound wise and operations wise. I know for a fact an AK47 could only shoot accurately for a 50m's in the 70's and 80's...

That is why the SADF and all those Guys really made the SWAPO's life hard with their R1 and R3. Which was an Israeli Gun FN- FAL Fusil Automatique Léger ("Light Automatic Rifle")...

Would be intresting to see SQUAD develop a Border War Mod or map...

As far as I know, only SWA used israeli FALs. SADF got original FN FALs and Armscor started to produce their own licensed copies in early 60s.

50 metres is effective range of fire for some shooters, not for AKs.

The ultimate plan is to model them after their real-life capabilities; depending on caliber, weight, damage, rate of fire and so on, each rifle will be a little different from the other, though in the end the differences may only be really noticeable when talking about different types of firearms(PDWs, Assault Rifles, SMGs and so on).

This is already the case actually.

This is already the case actually.

Are you going to make an in-game/out-game stat cards for them or we have to data mine them?

Are you going to make an in-game/out-game stat cards for them or we have to data mine them?

No comment. ;)

I hope they get it right! Sound wise and operations wise. I know for a fact an AK47 could only shoot accurately for a 50m's in the 70's and 80's...

That is why the SADF and all those Guys really made the SWAPO's life hard with their R1 and R3. Which was an Israeli Gun FN- FAL Fusil Automatique Léger ("Light Automatic Rifle")...

Would be intresting to see SQUAD develop a Border War Mod or map...

I'm pretty sure the SADF did well more because of ratels, olifants, and training... AKs are accurate out to battle ranges (200-300m)