Sign in to follow this  
MattersEnd

3.9 is live! [Results]

I won't be able to try until tonight, but I am super excited to hear what sort of changes this has made for performance.  The first bullet of the changelog is improved performance related to the animation system.  Let us know what changes you see.  Cheers!

Alpha 3.9 Changelog 

• Improved client performance related to optimizations in the anim system
  • Fixed kit allocations not working in many situations
  • Updated Militia player models with new components, distinguishing them further from other factions
  • Performance improvements to the Militia player models
  • Leaving a squad now replaces your kit
  • Improved Steam authentication for better stability
  • Allows for joining on Steam friends
  • Allows for joining servers via web browser sites
  • Increased server connection timeout, decreasing the amount of unintentional disconnects
  • Increased server browser timeout
  • Increased timeout for joining a map to allow people with low spec pc’s to load the game, without being kicked unintentionally by the server for timeout
  • Added SteamID to showplayerids
  • Fixed banning by ID issues
  • Improved performance of explosion effects
  • Added the ability to reset keybindings
  • Separated out the default button in each section of the settings menu, pressing default now only resets the current menu’s settings.
  • Players can now cancel joining the firing range in menu
  • Fixed incorrect access level for banning
  • Fixed a few server crashes

Has anyone who played screenshotted what the new Militia faction looks like? Like the rest here I won't be home until later tonight.

Has anyone who played screenshotted what the new Militia faction looks like? Like the rest here I won't be home until later tonight.

wuqz4x.jpg

Also I get up to 5-10 fps increase with Intel CPU + AMD GPU

*snip*

While that is totally awesome, I would have hoped they would just remove the damn helmets for militia altogether. Thats was really the main issue to me at least. Awesome that we get an update today though,can't wait to try it.

wuqz4x.jpg

Same here, averaging 60 fps with 4690k and r9 390 in the one game I was able to play.

Ayy, now all we need is squat animation then.

Idk if it was Militia that were hard to distinguish. More of the Russians/Americans. But +1 <3 for this update.

Idk if it was Militia that were hard to distinguish. More of the Russians/Americans. But +1 <3 for this update.

I will try this tonight, and look forward to this.

Hook up with me matters end, on ts sometime. I know you been busy.

Thanks for updating us on it.

I will try this tonight, and look forward to this.

Hook up with me matters end, on ts sometime. I know you been busy.

Thanks for updating us on it.

Nothing seems to have changed performance wise. It might be 60fps for a while, but as soon as a bit of action happens, the frames drop substantially. Just did a load of tests. As expected smaller maps and fewer players keep the frames higher but the performance is still questionable even on the smaller maps.

I don't think we're going to see big performance gains until the animation system has been completely reworked as planned. 

I apologize for multiple posts, for some reason I clicked the post button multiple times because it was loading. How do I delete?

10fps less and cant join any server, getting message about incorrect token or server is full even if there is 10 free slots. 

PS :8core intel @4ghz

I was hoping for more fps, not less :) On some maps, where i had 50fps stable im getting 25-30 now.Thats weird.

I was hoping for more fps, not less :) On some maps, where i had 50fps stable im getting 25-30 now.Thats weird.

eew :(

I had performance decrease with 3.8, hope 3.9 wont hurt FPS even more. Will test tomorow.

Anyway, nice to see an update !

It may be worth mentioning that if you ever followed any of the performance boosting threads you may need to do that again. I recall reading in the OP of one that you had to redo it after every update.

I can't agree FPS improvement but it feels like more stability, especially in CQC.

playing on an outdated AMD RIG:

Phenom II 965

Radeon HD7870 2GB

16GB DDR3-1600

I Like the new Clothes of Militia, want more varities :)

also good is the ability to join Friends

Still got Message "Server is full" after loading the Map, if i connect to a Server with not much free seats in it.

I played for ~3h on a 72 Player Server.

It may be worth mentioning that if you ever followed any of the performance boosting threads you may need to do that again. I recall reading in the OP of one that you had to redo it after every update.

Got a link? The much lauded search function is next to unhelpful. Thanks. 

Got a link? The much lauded search function is next to unhelpful. Thanks. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/3yiryl/psa_the_game_is_internally_rendering_at_a_33/

^personally didn't try that one. But some people have mentioned it.

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/5869-performance-tweaks-for-extra-fps/

^the main one to try minus the 66% resolution part imo.