Shenk

Almost over 100k titles bought... Success?

Hello everyone!

I played Project Reality extensively in 0.97 and previous patches but quit for several years after.

Been playing Squad since December 15th, bought it when it was available through the Rifleman and Squad Leader tiers, but since I'm too lazy, only now I've decided to say HI to this wonderful community.

Anyway, was checking steamspy regarding the amount of owners this game already has, yesterday it had 92,000 owners and now it is almost over 100k. If 100k was the initial sales goal of the Dev team I believe it is a success then.

Not to mention that as the developers add more and more content I believe this game will also gain more several thousand of owners! 

http://steamspy.com/app/393380

Suicide Cars and Trucks and the explosion effects and sound were awesome in Project Reality, will the Squad dev team add them to the game aswell in the future? 

Have fun everyone.

its getting better and better with every update .. and ofcourse, people are talking about it. I hope, theres going to be a even bigger rush on it soon!

~doN

its getting better and better with every update .. and ofcourse, people are talking about it. I hope, theres going to be a even bigger rush on it soon!

~doN

Indeed!

Even if Squad doesn't make it to where I'd hoped. I'm content having paid back a few people for the work done on PR for free.

I hope the other major DEVs from PR get a few kick-backs from this too. db, mosquil, ancient, etc.

I hope the other major DEVs from PR get a few kick-backs from this too. db, mosquil, ancient, etc.

I don't.  ^_^

A few PR staff belittled, attacked and said the SQUAD devs could never do it....  <_<

So hows that PR2 going guys?  :lol:

We are not out of the woods yet, but I am very impressed with how things have gone so far. When we hit a daily peak of over 10k CCU I will be cracking out the bubbly.

Can I just say how awesome it is that an indie team with a niche product/vision and such a player-focused ethos is making waves? AAA devs take note - seriously, FU big industry for feeding us regurgitated monkey garbage year on year.

GO OWI GO! Give me an O, Give me a W, give me a... *pompoms

We are not out of the woods yet, but I am very impressed with how things have gone so far. When we hit a daily peak of over 10k CCU I will be cracking out the bubbly.

Can I just say how awesome it is that an indie team with a niche product/vision and such a player-focused ethos is making waves? AAA devs take note - seriously, FU big industry for feeding us regurgitated monkey garbage year on year.

GO OWI GO! Give me an O, Give me a W, give me a... *pompoms

Get ready for exactly the same thing that happened with Day Z - 100 Squad clones by AAA companies that still get too gun shy to actually deliver!

Like H1Z1, I'm waiting for a Squad with buyable weapons, vehicles and 1000 customisations.

I wouldn't put it past SOE to roll out some shitty "realism" Planetside 2 type game in the next year.

I suspect the next wave of AAA shooters are going to take far less bullets to kill a player.

Frankly, if the success of Squad gets the attention of other developers who then begin to mirror some of the features in their games, I'd be OK with that. Happy actually, considering the dumbing down we've seen of games over the last decade.

Frankly, if the success of Squad gets the attention of other developers who then begin to mirror some of the features in their games, I'd be OK with that. Happy actually, considering the dumbing down we've seen of games over the last decade.

It's something that always struck me about games as an art form. If this was film, it'd be like every single director saying that the audience only want Michael Bay films. That there's no room for a film like Come and See, or even something like Black Hawk Down or Fury. Finally, we're starting to get many more complex explorations of the theme.

Just wait until vehicles are in, lots of people waiting for vehicles I think.

Imagine when we see an teaser trailer with helicopters!!!

Its a good game, don't know why anyone wouldn't want to buy it. Although we do need a advertising team - PR rep to get it going for us.

:D

Glad to see Squad is doing well so far. :)

Just wait until vehicles are in, lots of people waiting for vehicles I think.

Definitely. A friend of mine (hardcore Generation Kill fanboy) is just waiting for the Humvees to arrive... :D

I don't. ^_^

A few PR staff belittled, attacked and said the SQUAD devs could never do it.... <_<

So hows that PR2 going guys? :lol:

When did this happen