Sign in to follow this  
SILENTMP

Blood on ground, on uniform, in water, sprayed on walls and objects.

Make it where blood is on the ground, on clothes, in water if the soldier is lying in water when shot or killed, sprays on building to make game more real.

I believe this has been discussed before, and the general consensus was that we didn't want it too be too gory, but just enough to be able to tell whether you hit your target.

War is bloody. I was blown up in a ied and my gunner had his blood sprayed all over me.

Noone denies that war is bloody, but this is a game, and we don't need to follow the real world to the letter. Adding super gory affects like blood splatter and peoples limbs being blown off is just detrimental to gameplay and will just unnecessarily scare people off. Like I said, I agree with what they came to before, is that a little just to identify a hit is good enough, without going overboard.

People were more concerned with small details like visible bullet wounds and visible bandages on the body after being bandaged.

some bandages on the floor after treatment !

A nice realism touch, but all in all would create lag, and even if they just despawned after a while what would be the point.

Believe it or not, there's not too much blood spray/splatter on walls when someone catches a round, its quite minimal. Majority of the blood is stopped by clothing/equipment. Only times a large splatter would occur is a severed artery(neck, thigh etc), playing catch with their head or a high caliber being the projectile.

Bullet wounds & blood on clothes is already present in-game, it doesn't happen a lot, but its there.

Believe it or not, there's not too much blood spray/splatter on walls when someone catches a round, its quite minimal. Majority of the blood is stopped by clothing/equipment. Only times a large splatter would occur is a severed artery(neck, thigh etc), playing catch with their head or a high caliber being the projectile.

Bullet wounds & blood on clothes is already present in-game, it doesn't happen a lot, but its there.

I was thinking something along the lines of this, though I have no experience in the matter and didn't want to speak as if I knew something when I didn't.

I just think even just a small puff of blood on impact will be enough, to help identify that your shot hit.

Yes, war is bloody. But remember it's a game, and you can respwn and all. We don't want cap areas to be all red

This has been discussed extensively, the devs have been clear that there won't be blood splatters or the like. There is and will be blood decals on the body, how they are finally implemented is yet to be seen obviously.