ValiantViper

How is the cheating?

44 posts in this topic

Was thinking about getting this game but i heard about cheaters and i know how it goes with these types of games, devs gonna add any anti cheat? 

It would be nice if they can add Battleye (http://www.battleye.com/) which i think is the best out there and does the job very well, but ill like to hear what a dev has to say about the cheaters/antihack if they see this.

If you play on a community / clan server cheaters dont stick around very long at all

they will never be defeated but they ARE NEVER tolerated

When you join a game ask ANY ADMINS ?        if positive answer you can play away

dont hold off buying the game its awesome even at this stage worth every penny !

BUY IT !

join the fun

New anticheat measures are nearly ready.

It is nowhere near as bad or as common as people have been making out. Also quite a few servers have very active admins so that helps a lot currently.

AC is currently said to be their primary focus. They'll be implementing EAC and disabling VAC that is currently running. VAC is doing nothing and there are plenty of cheats out there. Best you can do atm is play on well admined servers, at least they can spot really blatant cheaters.

If you play on a community / clan server cheaters dont stick around very long at all

they will never be defeated but they ARE NEVER tolerated

When you join a game ask ANY ADMINS ?        if positive answer you can play away

dont hold off buying the game its awesome even at this stage worth every penny !

BUY IT !

join the fun

^

|

This, just join the right servers and have some(rather a lot) fun! Also we will get new cheat protection soon! :)

EAC? i knew i would hear that. i would rather them add battleye than that, i heard eac was good back then but that proved wrong in many games using it and it failed, but yh thats good to hear there doing anticheat measurements now, will be buying the game with a few friends later on.

Played for 25 hours and I've only met one cheater that spammed 40mm grenades.

EAC i knew i would hear that.? i would rather them add battleye than that, i heard eac was good back then but that proved wrong in many games using it and it failed, but yh thats good to hear there doing anticheat measurements now, will be buying the game with a few friends later on.

Battleye has a lot of issues itself, atleast from my experience from 6 years of Arma administration. Don't know about EAC's capabilities, but I'm aware that there are better options than this. I'd prefere using the VAC solution, but it seems from other people's perspective that the wave of cheaters occuring during games is a crisis, and needs to be delt with as soon as possible.

- VAC is a longterm solution that bans the players 1-2 months afterwards to decrease the possibility of creating VAC-Proof cheat software. False bans are lower than 0.4% 

- EAC & Battleye bans the player instantly, but it's easier to create more cheats that are also bulletproof from the protection.

I've encountered quite a few, about 10-12 in my total of 160 hours - and that's just the really blatant ones (unlimited nade/rocket spam, instant team-wide headshots with LMG, and scripted auto kills). However, the last 2 weeks or so, I only saw or heard about 2 (very briefly heard a huge nade spam in one map, but it was over as quickly as it started; on another server, a team of experienced players suddenly complained about a script killer, but that stopped within a minute as well).

I guess there is a fair amount of cheaters out there, because not all of them will be blatant and I've encountered plenty of those. However, it seems like many of them got bored of the game for the time being. I'm also happy that anticheat is high on the priority list, and hope that it will be able to catch more than just the most blatant cheaters.

Yh, but battleye update in 2015 was really good and messed hackers up as i looked at forums and also back when i played arma 2 dayz, arma 3 etc it did the job just fine and if you hacked you get caught, i see people hacking on games with eac for months with no bans just why i said battleye instead good luck hacking with that, but yh i agree with you also.

OP,We have cheaters in every game out there,do you still play this games?...We're not exempt from this maggot Scums!.

But with our Server Admins/Anti Cheat, we will prevail!.

The cheating is often very explosive including, not limited to, 40mm minigun spam to the forehead and flying people.

But it's fairly rare that this happens :)

Buy the game!

Most cheaters just want to get a strong reaction out of people, that is their kick, but luckily the Squad community is mature enough to not give it to them. So I can imagine many of them got bored with it quickly.

Just play on community hosted servers. No probs there tbh

140 hrs gameplay, blatant hackers the ones the use aimbot, infinite GL and RPG + aimbot , encountered them at least 25-30 times.

Suspicions of people using ESP, well at least 30-40 so far, but ESP is tricky to spot so I guess I might be wrong.

Yes Squad has big problems with hackers in my opinion, but this is not the devs fault, there is nothing more they can do even if they bring in anticheat, that's the fact about online gaming these days.

Played for 25 hours and I've only met one cheater that spammed 40mm grenades.

Battleye has a lot of issues itself, atleast from my experience from 6 years of Arma administration. Don't know about EAC's capabilities, but I'm aware that there are better options than this. I'd prefere using the VAC solution, but it seems from other people's perspective that the wave of cheaters occuring during games is a crisis, and needs to be delt with as soon as possible.

- VAC is a longterm solution that bans the players 1-2 months afterwards to decrease the possibility of creating VAC-Proof cheat software. False bans are lower than 0.4% 

- EAC & Battleye bans the player instantly, but it's easier to create more cheats that are also bulletproof from the protection.

Battleeye is meh.

VAC...I am one of those 0.4%...that being said...I attached Ollydbg to DayZ Standalone...Im a curious developer what can I say...Tried to appeal, Valve said no, I was like well, I made a mistake...shit happens.

Fairfight...Very accurate, but if you get a massive killstreak or something after playing really badly the last game you get banned unfairly(see: I suck with the AK usually break even on kills, but went 16-0 with an ACOG, I probably would have been flagged, and had I done another good round, after said AK round, I Probably would be banned)

Honestly...I would recommend VAC, with active admins, and some sort of spectate feature and demo feature, that allows admins to check for people using ESP, which would probably be the most prevalent due to how hard it is to detect.

140 hrs gameplay, blatant hackers the ones the use aimbot, infinite GL and RPG + aimbot , encountered them at least 25-30 times.

Suspicions of people using ESP, well at least 30-40 so far, but ESP is tricky to spot so I guess I might be wrong.

Yes Squad has big problems with hackers in my opinion, but this is not the devs fault, there is nothing more they can do even if they bring in anticheat, that's the fact about online gaming these days.

I have DEFINITELY seen people I suspect of ESP. I can not however prove it. When someone calls "120 degrees" with NO fire in their direction, and was behind a bush from his position and I have been looking at said spot for a minute or two through a SVD or a ACOG(cant remember at this point), and the guy in question hadnt moved for at least 45 seconds(I thought I killed him to be honest), I wanted to call him out really badly...He simply couldn't have seen him from the range/angle he was at. Even another member of the squad questioned how he saw that guy, I just kept silent...

I've had a few encounters with cheaters, but in no way would I say it's shaping up to become a serious problem. Devs are working on effective anti-cheat measures and the community is very interested in keeping them in check. I wouldn't say you have to worry about this issue any more than in Project Reality.

I have encountered perhaps half a dozen cheaters in my 60+ hours with the game, however most of these were within the first couple of weeks of the game launching on steam so that was bound to happen. I haven't seen any knocking about this year so far if my memory serves me right.

People soon leave the game/ report them to admins and they get permabanned/kicked so these guys aren't having fun for long. This is before proper anti cheat solutions have even been implemented. There may be more subtle cheating going on but nothing that seems to be game breaking/noticeable right now.

Battleeye is meh.

VAC...I am one of those 0.4%...that being said...I attached Ollydbg to DayZ Standalone...Im a curious developer what can I say...Tried to appeal, Valve said no, I was like well, I made a mistake...shit happens.

Attaching a debugger and getting banned by VAC isn't a false ban at all...

100+ Hours, encountered 3 obvious cheaters (Automatic RPG/GL), also a few (5-6) possible cheaters, not been able to prove it tho but it's not as bad as people say.

EAC is a shitty anti-cheat. Games like RoK were infested with cheaters, under EAC's protection.

You guys claim this game is unprotected but I have only encountered 1 cheater in my 80 hours.

EAC is a shitty anti-cheat. Games like RoK were infested with cheaters, under EAC's protection.

You guys claim this game is unprotected but I have only encountered 1 cheater in my 80 hours.

Have you tried playing on the European servers?

Yes, the game has issues with hacking/cheating right now.  Aimbots, unlimited ammo spams, and the like, are fairly easy to spot.  The bigger cancer IMO is chams/ESP and the skilled FPS player using them in conjunction with subtle aimbot or none at all.

Just like it was suggested earlier -- a good 1st person spectate goes a LONG WAY.  Couple that with the current admin cam features, and you have a more effective tool than any AC currently available.

I really hope the devs listen on this one.  The majority of players want nothing more than a fair playing field in FPS games.  Allowing hacking to persist, despite having the ability to implement fairly simple measures (1st person spectate) would be quite a travesty.  Whatever potential the game has (and it has great potential, IMO), would be very short-lived, and the community will sadly just wane.

Edit (Post Script):  This also reminds me -- no recoil glitches and/or any game-breaking glitches need to be dealt with as soon as they are detected/brought to the attention of the powers that be.  Not doing so, is simply bad form.

Edited by TraXx
Wanted to also address game-breaking glitches that currently exist.

As long it is possible to tweak the inifiles it's hard to say if some1 is cheating or not ( u can say changing inis is cheating). In my 400 hours i played the game, i just saw 1 cheater and that was before eac was implemented.

As a grenadier standing next to an ammocrate and resupplying every 10 seconds is not cheating, it's using a gamemechanic