So it's my first post here and I'm just brain storming with a few other players over the course of the last few days. So don't cut my throat if it's already been brought up. Just trying to get involved....so I served 4 years in the marine corps infantry and 2 years as a security contractor with multiple deployments.

First idea- Air support preferably computer controlled, less moving parts. Maybe have American, Russian squad leaders have air on station after completing certain objectives. Not really sure how to work how they get the air support maybe someone else can brain storm alittle bit with us here. Have Americans getting an a10 gun run or Cobra/Apache hydra rockets or 20mm gun run. Call them and in 60 seconds or so your map pops back up confirming air on station when you can place where you want the gun run at. Direction, etc etc. Russians get the frog foot or hind or so something.

Maybe Taliban/ opfor squad leaders having a special of IEDs or something of that nature.

Second idea- Machine gun team 1 or 2 man. With 240, PKM, whatever.

Third idea- need optics these fire fights are taking place from great distances. You should be able to get some sight based off the area you are fighting. It's really hard to see enemy fighters when they have optics and you don't.

Just kindof throwing ideas in the wind. Feel free to throw some other ideas out there or go off what I already said.

So it's my first post here and I'm just brain storming with a few other players over the course of the last few days. So don't cut my throat if it's already been brought up. Just trying to get involved....so I served 4 years in the marine corps infantry and 2 years as a security contractor with multiple deployments.

First idea- Air support preferably computer controlled, less moving parts. Maybe have American, Russian squad leaders have air on station after completing certain objectives. Not really sure how to work how they get the air support maybe someone else can brain storm alittle bit with us here. Have Americans getting an a10 gun run or Cobra/Apache hydra rockets or 20mm gun run. Call them and in 60 seconds or so your map pops back up confirming air on station when you can place where you want the gun run at. Direction, etc etc. Russians get the frog foot or hind or so something.

Maybe Taliban/ opfor squad leaders having a special of IEDs or something of that nature.

Third idea- need optics these fire fights are taking place from great distances. You should be able to get some sight based off the area you are fighting. It's really hard to see enemy fighters when they have optics and you don't.

Just kindof throwing ideas in the wind. Feel free to throw some other ideas out there or go off what I already said.

1. sounds like a call of duty kill streak to me lol (and we are getting user controlled choppers in the future, along with IEDs)

2. whats stopping people from creating machine gun teams now? (besides 2 player squads no promoting team work)

3. They are working on it.

I think mines and ieds would work great on this when making ambush to vehicles or people. They would be also great for destroying fobs.. Some kind of engineer kit maybe i would love to blow some stuff for getting roadblocks away 

Not sure I like the idea of computer controlled CAS. I prefer the error prone human to be in the seat. Time/use limited offmap artillery, called in by a commander role, would be a nice addition.

Some kind of drone pilot for recon might be good but it's a hard one to balance against for insurgent forces.

1. I agree, and flying planes was never that fun in PR. Let's face it, your flying in circles 98% of the time, and IRL CAS planes often do their gun runs at an altitude of multiple kilometers, something not really possible if you're just flying in circles to stay in the map. I don't see any problem having player-controlled helicopters and AI-controlled planes. Not sure how airstrikes would be implmented... maybe somehow related to FOBs?

2. While it makes sense realistically (for M240 and PKM anyway), not sure it's really necessary.

3. The average US soldier is equipped with a 4x combat optic. The average Taliban insurgent is not.

I think mines and ieds would work great on this when making ambush to vehicles or people. They would be also great for destroying fobs.. Some kind of engineer kit maybe i would love to blow some stuff for getting roadblocks away 

IED's etc have allready been confirmed

I was looking for the airstrikes/ CAS on a realistic level. Loud and fearful. You are pinned down by overwhelming Taliban forces and you finally get some air to breathe by calling in an A10 gun run on the hill next to yours. I wasn't looking for a COD think where it happens 20 times a game more or less once or twice to get you out of the shit and allow you to fight back. Let's face it when you get pinned down in this game it's normally for quite some time...no one likes that. When that 30mm comes raining down with loud and accurate firepower, it's devastating to the enemy. Trust me I want nothing more for this game to be far awhile from cod as possible. I grew up playing in realistism units and tactical stuff then I joined the military and saw it first hand. Pick my brain. Ask us what grunts on the ground would have. I've lead over 200 foot patrols, and this game has such a potential to be something awesome.

As for the sights. No true. We have smoke tons of bad guys in astan and found with them American made ACOGs and the shitty RDS.

Also made give the medics a reason to be medic. Make them have something cool so more people would want to be the medics.

The machine gun teams. Nothing is stopping them but the fact that they don't exist. A SAW is a light machine gun. 240 being the medium and the ma duece being heavy. Add American DMR. I'm liking the 1 per squad so you don't get sniper raped the whole game.

Keep up the good work gents I love the game

this is a forum not a live chat room.
You don't need to start insulting people when they don't respond.

I have edited the posts but please stay on track and refrain from spam / self bumping your thread.

I was looking for the airstrikes/ CAS on a realistic level. Loud and fearful. You are pinned down by overwhelming Taliban forces and you finally get some air to breathe by calling in an A10 gun run on the hill next to yours. I wasn't looking for a COD think where it happens 20 times a game more or less once or twice to get you out of the shit and allow you to fight back. Let's face it when you get pinned down in this game it's normally for quite some time...no one likes that. When that 30mm comes raining down with loud and accurate firepower, it's devastating to the enemy. Trust me I want nothing more for this game to be far awhile from cod as possible. I grew up playing in realistism units and tactical stuff then I joined the military and saw it first hand. Pick my brain. Ask us what grunts on the ground would have. I've lead over 200 foot patrols, and this game has such a potential to be something awesome.

As for the sights. No true. We have smoke tons of bad guys in astan and found with them American made ACOGs and the shitty RDS.

Also made give the medics a reason to be medic. Make them have something cool so more people would want to be the medics.

The machine gun teams. Nothing is stopping them but the fact that they don't exist. A SAW is a light machine gun. 240 being the medium and the ma duece being heavy. Add American DMR. I'm liking the 1 per squad so you don't get sniper raped the whole game.

Keep up the good work gents I love the game

Rotary wing CAS is almost certainly going to happen, fixed wing is still up in the air (no pun intended) at this time. I personally wouldn't mind seeing both implemented for players to control. Will make for a deeper experience.

I'd assume unconventional forces like the Insurgents/Taliban will likely continue to remain without optics on the majority of their weapons in the foreseeable futures. Obviously Marksmen/Snipers and perhaps Spotter kits will grant them scopes as well, but that's assuming they follow with Project Reality's formula with is no guarantee.

Medics are already essential to a squad's survive-ability and functionality, and almost 99% of squads have at least one medic operating with them. There's no need to add something to motivate players to act that role since the overwhelming majority see the significance of medics.

HMGs will be reserved for static emplacements built on FOBs and attached to their respective vehicles, while LMGs and MMGs (assuming they add them like they have in Project Reality) will remain infantry held weaponry to augment their firepower. DMRs will also be added under the Marksmen kit. (currently the other factions have an SVD for the Marksmen kit while the US does not)

this is a forum not a live chat room.

You don't need to start insulting people when they don't respond.

I have edited the posts but please stay on track and refrain from spam / self bumping your thread.

I'm not sure if that was for me or not. I wasn't insulting anyone.