KPtheOG

Just a few ideas

I want to start off with this game is awesome. I just have a few ideas about customization and surroundings. 

Weapons- I think that you should be able to equip attachments. 2 out of 5 is sufficient. Things such as red dot(optics), grip, extended mag, quick eject and laser. Only possible to pick 2 attachments at a time though. 

Soldier Customization- Nothing crazy just like race, sex, goggles on or off, gloves on or off. Just small things like that. 

Weather-Random dust storms that last 2-10 minutes in one spot but carries over the map as it goes slowly. Also intensity of these dust storms vary.(rain same)

I would also like to see random sprint stumble. Not jogging ever but sprinting over certain areas of rock that is obviously really rocky causes a 3 second trip delay(more like a stumble)

I am full of ideas, but if any of this is implemented then I believe that it will make the game more fun.

Weapons- I think that you should be able to equip attachments. 2 out of 5 is sufficient. Things such as red dot(optics), grip, extended mag, quick eject and laser. Only possible to pick 2 attachments at a time though. 

I would also like to see random sprint stumble. Not jogging ever but sprinting over certain areas of rock that is obviously really rocky causes a 3 second trip delay(more like a stumble)

No

the first too ideas are too call of duty ish for my liking,
random dust storms would be hard to sync accross 100 different clients.
sprint stumble seems to just be a pain in the butt for no other reason then being difficult.

my personal feedback, not the opinion of OWI though ;)

A small variety of standard issue attachments MAY come in the future.

Dust storms would be nice. It was done well in BF4. Dust though I think is done very similar to smoke effects and is known to be a cause of fps problems. If it can be done without effecting frame rates to a any significant degree then I'd like to see them in.

Random stumbling, hmm. Anything that affects you randomly and takes away player control is a bad thing imho. Random gun jams, random bird sh*t in the eyes etc. It removes any skill and is just annoying, especially if it gets you killed. To include stumbling it has to be in some sort of context like desending a slope at speed like gta 5 does. Stumbling while running through a rocky patch doesn't fit that context for me even though I have to admit it would be tricky in real life.

I personally rather a choice of at most 2 weapons for selected classes with pre-set attachments.

Like how the Insurgent rifleman gets either an AKM or AK-74. Maybe the MGers get to pick between a LMG and a MMG. But that's about it. I tend to identify squadmates by the weapons they carry. If that M4A1 has a carry handle and a foregrip, he's the guy I'd go to when I take a bullet.

If that M4A1 has a carry handle and a foregrip, he's the guy I'd go to when I take a bullet.

And he's the one the enemy target first.

I want to start off with this game is awesome. I just have a few ideas about customization and surroundings. 

Soldier Customization- Nothing crazy just like race, sex, goggles on or off, gloves on or off. Just small things like that. 

Weather-Random dust storms that last 2-10 minutes in one spot but carries over the map as it goes slowly. Also intensity of these dust storms vary.(rain same)

I am full of ideas, but if any of this is implemented then I believe that it will make the game more fun.

So basically what you want is Battlefield 4? Go play Battlefield 4, if that's the case. Extensive levels of customization are completely unnecessary and while I think it would be nice to choose between the gear the military issues (for example, say you want an EOTech rather than an M68 CCO.) However, foregrips, extended magazines, "quick eject" (what the hell is that?), and laser (other than an IR laser) are bizarre and unnecessary. The next want of yours is soldier customization, and while I can see race to a degree, I think sex is absurd (their is no military on Earth that actually fields female infantrymen, and don't bring up Israel because that's bullshit) and details like googles and gloves are arbitrary and minuscule differences that do not matter.

The next thing you want is ripped DIRECTLY from BF4 as it's one of the 'features' they pushed the hardest in their original ad campaign. Do I think varying weather would be nice? Sure, I'd love to see some maps occasionally have rain or snow or something like that, but something as obtrusive as a sandstorm does nothing but hinder gameplay. I don't think that varying weather in-game is a good idea (and when I say that I mean I don't think a match should ever go from sunny to stormy, but I'd be fine with map variations.)

Last but not least is something I remember being talked about in quite a bit in the original E3 Demo of Band of Brothers: Hell's Highway (not that I think you got the idea from there.) I think that features like that are cool for NPCs and stuff in single player games, but to make a player stumble can cause an in-game death that results from a completely random factor. That's not cool and not fun. 

there is no military on Earth that actually fields female infantrymen, and don't bring up Israel because that's bullshit.

Actually, Woman in combat roles is quite common nowadays. The US have allowed woman to be in combat roles and to be on the front lines since 2013. Navy seals & The US Ranger are going to allow in females sometime this year.

I myself served a long side some woman during my deployment in Afghanistan, My country lifted restrictions back in 2001.

The UK and AU will have woman in combat roles by 2017. 

I'd like a little bit of customisation, as long as it's all equally available to all players. Some choice in how your player looks would be fun; the more options, the better, but not at all necessary.

I understand silencers probably won't make it in this game, because of its impact on lone wolfing. Too bad, I love sneaking around, but this is probably not the game for that. :)

However three different "rifleman" kits could be consolidated into one rifleman class with a selection choice of weapons, grenades and smoke grenades, all of that resulting in loadout weight with its effects on speed/stamina/fall damage. Perhaps including options of weapon modifications, such as a choice of sights on the weapons, or a scope (within the squad's limitations).

Or optional additional gear, like night vision/IR goggles, body armor (making you heavier/slowing you down), or a rangefinder.

Two types of automatic rifleman could be joined into one automatic rifleman class with a choice of weapons, grenades, and how much ammo he carries.

Environmental effects would always be very interesting, whether they be rain, snow, duststorms or anything else. I'm sure we still have a lot of stuff coming our way in the environmental department.

Actually, Woman in combat roles is quite common nowadays. The US have allowed woman to be in combat roles and to be on the front lines since 2013. Navy seals & The US Ranger are going to allow in females sometime this year.

I myself served a long side some woman during my deployment in Afghanistan, My country lifted restrictions back in 2001.

That's a joke and a bad one at that. Allowing women in combat roles and women actually being in combat roles are two completely different things. Put it this way: in the 60s, blacks 'could' vote in the same way that women 'can' go combat arms. The only difference being that poll taxes and literacy tests were arbitrary whereas demanding that females meet the same standards as a man (which women have completely failed to do thus far) is not. Navy SEALs and Rangers might be open to women, but unless the Army and Navy become PC as fuck and revise their standards they're not going to actually get in because these tests are already challenging enough for men in the prime of their life, and women just aren't built the same as men and cannot perform as well physically regardless of how much they train.

When you say you served alongside women, you mean there were females in an infantry MOS, or do you mean that they were deployed? It's not at all uncommon for females to be deployed, but women being in the infantry or female tankers are unheard of. The UK and AU might allow women into combat roles, and because both of those nations are pretty damn good at sacrificing quality for inclusiveness I think it's entirely possible that they'll see female infantrymen since I doubt they have much of a problem lowering their standards.

That's a joke and a bad one at that. Allowing women in combat roles and women actually being in combat roles are two completely different things. Put it this way: in the 60s, blacks 'could' vote in the same way that women 'can' go combat arms. The only difference being that poll taxes and literacy tests were arbitrary whereas demanding that females meet the same standards as a man (which women have completely failed to do thus far) is not. Navy SEALs and Rangers might be open to women, but unless the Army and Navy become PC as fuck and revise their standards they're not going to actually get in because these tests are already challenging enough for men in the prime of their life, and women just aren't built the same as men and cannot perform as well physically regardless of how much they train.

When you say you served alongside women, you mean there were females in an infantry MOS, or do you mean that they were deployed? It's not at all uncommon for females to be deployed, but women being in the infantry or female tankers are unheard of. The UK and AU might allow women into combat roles, and because both of those nations are pretty damn good at sacrificing quality for inclusiveness I think it's entirely possible that they'll see female infantrymen since I doubt they have much of a problem lowering their standards.

It's not a joke, If a woman wants to server her nation and is able to maintain herself, physically & mentally, let her.

Research Leigh Ann Hester, Woman are capable of doing what is of needed of them.

"New Zealand has no restrictions on roles for women in its defence force. They are able to serve in the Special Air Service, infantry, armour and artillery. This came into effect in 2001 by subordinate legislation"

Doesn't matter over here, All roles are open to both male and female. Both female and male are put on the front lines, go on patrols, operate in QRF's etc Females can even apply for selection training in our SAS.

vSiWZ1n.jpgSpot the female? 

The UK and AU might allow women into combat roles, and because both of those nations are pretty damn good at sacrificing quality for inclusiveness I think it's entirely possible that they'll see female infantrymen since I doubt they have much of a problem lowering their standards.

I laughed a little, Having served/trained a long side AU and UK forces, I can assure you, they are of the highest quality.

random dust storms would be hard to sync accross 100 different clients.

Not necessarily. You could literally just day the the clients "there is a dust storm, here are the position and bounds" and just tell them when to stop rendering it. The only issue with syncing might be syncing like individual particles or whatever, but I highly, highly doubt anyone would be stupid enough to do that.

Now that is out of my system, I think customization could be a really good addition if done right, like how you choose the weapons and attachments to suit you and what you're trying to achieve. Not pointless things like gloves or goggles, I personally believe the dev's time is better spent alsewhere in the game.

As for weather effects, I think such a thing is a double edged sword. Yeah it adds realism and can be good to shake up matches, but it will affect skill ceilings and at times just be unfair. It depends just how the devs choose to implement it, and just how it affects things like visibility and other various gameplay aspects.

how about STD's that you get at random when passing through urban areas?

itchy mosquito bites that effect your aim?

ninja swords!

ned kelly bucket helmets!

ICE CREAM VANS!

youre a squad - and all in this squad have their role. the roles has been standardized. is a little orchestra ! you can not take what you want, you get what you need for the task.

realtime weather will come - but is it a good idea ? if it 6 weeks raining .....

It's not a joke, If a woman wants to server her nation and is able to maintain herself, physically & mentally, let her.

Research Leigh Ann Hester, Woman are capable of doing what is of needed of them.

"New Zealand has no restrictions on roles for women in its defence force. They are able to serve in the Special Air Service, infantry, armour and artillery. This came into effect in 2001 by subordinate legislation"

Doesn't matter over here, All roles are open to both male and female. Both female and male are put on the front lines, go on patrols, operate in QRF's etc Females can even apply for selection training in our SAS.

Spot the female? 

The UK and AU might allow women into combat roles, and because both of those nations are pretty damn good at sacrificing quality for inclusiveness I think it's entirely possible that they'll see female infantrymen since I doubt they have much of a problem lowering their standards.

I laughed a little, Having served/trained a long side AU and UK forces, I can assure you, they are of the highest quality.

Interesting, but honestly I have to agree with an article I read awhile back (it was recently reposted on /r/military, so it's possible you might have read it) but everyone's allowed a differing opinion. Also, the female is a pretty easy spot: it's the combat lifesaver. Also, I'm not saying that either the AUS or UK militaries aren't of the highest quality, but what I am saying is that the governments that control them put quality way below being inclusive. 

So basically what you want is Battlefield 4? Go play Battlefield 4, if that's the case. Extensive levels of customization are completely unnecessary and while I think it would be nice to choose between the gear the military issues (for example, say you want an EOTech rather than an M68 CCO.) However, foregrips, extended magazines, "quick eject" (what the hell is that?), and laser (other than an IR laser) are bizarre and unnecessary. The next want of yours is soldier customization, and while I can see race to a degree, I think sex is absurd (their is no military on Earth that actually fields female infantrymen, and don't bring up Israel because that's bullshit) and details like googles and gloves are arbitrary and minuscule differences that do not matter.

The next thing you want is ripped DIRECTLY from BF4 as it's one of the 'features' they pushed the hardest in their original ad campaign. Do I think varying weather would be nice? Sure, I'd love to see some maps occasionally have rain or snow or something like that, but something as obtrusive as a sandstorm does nothing but hinder gameplay. I don't think that varying weather in-game is a good idea (and when I say that I mean I don't think a match should ever go from sunny to stormy, but I'd be fine with map variations.)

Last but not least is something I remember being talked about in quite a bit in the original E3 Demo of Band of Brothers: Hell's Highway (not that I think you got the idea from there.) I think that features like that are cool for NPCs and stuff in single player games, but to make a player stumble can cause an in-game death that results from a completely random factor. That's not cool and not fun. 

Extensive? This is an RPG and people like to play themselves. What's the fun when you're a women playing a man?(Im a guy) Also in a squad of 9 guys, 5 seem to have the same mom and dad. BF4 weather variations is a smart innovation that just adds to the game. Btw in my life I played about 10 hours in total of all battlefield games. Yeah but i mean who can sprint down a mountain were there are tons of rocks. Remember this is a 2 feet by 2 feet patch of rocks they add that you will obvious going to fall if you run over. Like painfully obvious and after one trip I doubt you'll take that path again. 

Extensive? This is an RPG and people like to play themselves. What's the fun when you're a women playing a man?(Im a guy) Also in a squad of 9 guys, 5 seem to have the same mom and dad. BF4 weather variations is a smart innovation that just adds to the game. Btw in my life I played about 10 hours in total of all battlefield games. Yeah but i mean who can sprint down a mountain were there are tons of rocks. Remember this is a 2 feet by 2 feet patch of rocks they add that you will obvious going to fall if you run over. Like painfully obvious and after one trip I doubt you'll take that path again. 

Since when is this an RPG? I've never once heard the devs say anything about that. What's the fun in playing a man if you're a woman? Well I don't know, I've personally never had a problem playing a black person in game when I'm white, and I've never had a problem playing as a girl if I'm a dude. If they can't suffer through playing as a dude, then I'll play the world's smallest violin on their going-away trip. Your next comment irks me because the facial models in game are currently pretty bad, but it's an alpha so it's excusable. I don't think they'd seriously keep two or three completely hairless. dead-eyed, puppet-like models for the final game. 

BF4 weather variations are interesting but unrealistic. People act like there's a sandstorm every 20 seconds in the Middle East. They're rare phenomenons that have horrible impacts when they do occur. They're not something that happens often enough to put it in a video game. As for not being able to run down a mountain without tripping, haha what? Like, excuse me? If you're in the military chances are you can probably keep your balance, especially if your life depends on it.

Here, how about if we add tripping in game, we also add plate cracking. The U.S. military uses ceramic plates which are known to break when impacted at low speeds much easier than at high speeds, so how about if a tripping mechanic is added we also make it so that whenever you trip all American plates break and they lose all protection from bullets, sound fair?

you play as a what? you pick a what? and you communicate? Answer key: soldier, role, other players. This is an rpg because you are playing as a soldier who has a key role in the success of the team.

you play as a what? you pick a what? and you communicate? Answer key: soldier, role, other players. This is an rpg because you are playing as a soldier who has a key role in the success of the team.

Then I guess Call of Duty and Battlefield are RPGs? By your criteria, every single game on Earth is an RPG, which completely devalues your own argument. 

dude that's really dumb

every game is an RPG then. That doesn't make sense.

Then I guess Call of Duty and Battlefield are RPGs? By your criteria, every single game on Earth is an RPG, which completely devalues your own argument. 

Maybe if people actually communicated on them. I feel like a soldier playing squad. Those other games I don't. I feel more like a kid with nothing better to do then run and gun.

dude that's really dumb

every game is an RPG then. That doesn't make sense.

I mean in a way yes, but what makes and rpg in my eyes is a lot of communication. ex: "I need an GL to launch nades at foxtrot 4 while medic get up SL and I need the saw to cover fire while enemies are coming towards our position. Ohhh crap sniper somewhere north, but I can't pinpoint his position." In rpg games that are classified as such, I haven't heard that much communication.