Pvt-Duckling

R9 Fury X is working 100%, i5-3570 at 87%... This can't be right, can it?

Does it really seem right that the R9 Fury X, the card that isn't afraid of anything (but GameWorks), is beaten by a game that runs 60 FPS on a GTX 970?...

I know that UE4 has some issues with AMD processors, but, atleast as far as I know, that does not apply to the Radeon cards unless said game is using heavy GameWorks features.

My Fury X should be bottlenecked by my quad core i5-3570 (non-k and stock fan), not the other way around...

But let's forget all that and just say that maybe the PC just displayed the wrong thing (atleast as far as Crimson goes, it did have that kind of issue back in 15.11 drivers, though that go fixed, but wahtever), how can I improve my performance?

The framerate is the same no matter where I look, so this has to be a CPU problem, but what settings can I change to ease the load on that?

Is it like ArmA so the higher AA and resolution I have, the less load on CPU it is, or do I have to do a complete 180 and change the .ini files? Doing the audio fix did give me like 5 frames, but it made voice chat useless.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 (3.5GHz)

GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury X (4GB HBM)

RAM: Corsair XMS3 12GB

Does it really seem right that the R9 Fury X, the card that isn't afraid of anything (but GameWorks), is beaten by a game that runs 60 FPS on a GTX 970?...

I know that UE4 has some issues with AMD processors, but, atleast as far as I know, that does not apply to the Radeon cards unless said game is using heavy GameWorks features.

My Fury X should be bottlenecked by my quad core i5-3570 (non-k and stock fan), not the other way around...

But let's forget all that and just say that maybe the PC just displayed the wrong thing (atleast as far as Crimson goes, it did have that kind of issue back in 15.11 drivers, though that go fixed, but wahtever), how can I improve my performance?

The framerate is the same no matter where I look, so this has to be a CPU problem, but what settings can I change to ease the load on that?

Is it like ArmA so the higher AA and resolution I have, the less load on CPU it is, or do I have to do a complete 180 and change the .ini files? Doing the audio fix did give me like 5 frames, but it made voice chat useless.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 (3.5GHz)

GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury X (4GB HBM)

RAM: Corsair XMS3 12GB

Should have saved up a bit and go for the 980 ti or even a 980. We all know that amd is piss poorly optimized on loads of engines.

This is btw, coming from a long time amd fan :)

We all know that amd is piss poorly optimized on loads of engines.

Way to start a flame war with unobjective statements.

This is btw, coming from a long time amd fan :)

Oh wow, jeeeez, nobody will have the balls to contrary you now.

I am not sure I understand your problem. 100% gpu and 87% cpu usage is pretty much ideal. You don't say what fps that gives you and if you solo or on a populated server.

If you did a search around the forums you would find the answers. Afaik, Currently the animation system is slowing the game down alot, causing a CPU bottleneck, the more players the lower the FPS. The devs are working on this.

The fury x is a great card, im sure it will run the game fine once the game is optimized.

Btw the 980ti's are not getting amazing framerates either.

From the other treads regarding performance my 970 is getting around the same FPS as 390 cards with same CPU.

I am not sure I understand your problem. 100% gpu and 87% cpu usage is pretty much ideal. You don't say what fps that gives you and if you solo or on a populated server.

23 average on absolute lowest settings on OP First Light.

Way to start a flame war with unobjective statements.

Oh wow, jeeeez, nobody will have the balls to contrary you now.

No need for a flame war i am just stating the obvious. Nvidia dominated the charts in most tripple A titles and will continue to do so in the future. The R9 Fury X doesnt come close to the 980ti while they almost cost the same.

Lets not start about power consumption either.

I am just saying that theres no need to go amd these days if you want the best results

Edit: the only positive thing amd contributes to nowadays is the fact that they provide competition (lol) so theres no monopoly in the GPU market.

Go on an empty First Light server to eliminate what is considered to be the major problem right now. The animations. What are your fps then? Pan around does your fps vary? How is your system being utilised during this gpu/cpu?. With your system you should be getting way more than 23 fps on lowest settings. Hell, you should be getting way more on epic settings if your gpu is pegged at 100% usage.

You might have a driver problem. You're not bit coin mining while gaming are you?

Edit: the only positive thing amd contributes to nowadays is the fact that they provide competition (lol) so theres no monopoly in the GPU market.

Not true. They bring open technologies like FreeSync to the table where nVidia like to bring their closed version gSync. nVidia's practices of late leave a lot to be desired. They have a strong position in the market which they seem hell bent on killing for their sole profit. Capitalism at its best.

Not true. They bring open technologies like FreeSync to the table where nVidia like to bring their closed version gSync. nVidia's practices of late leave a lot to be desired. They have a strong position in the market which they seem hell bent on killing for their sole profit. Capitalism at its best.

FreeSync, gSync, open or closed technologies. Capitalism or not. Fact is, nvidia tops the charts. Now explain to me again why I should pay the same money for a R9 Fury X while i can get better frames in 'most' games out there with a 980ti? 

Now before people will spot this as a flame war:

You should go on and check some optimalization threads which can be done in Squads folder. I also managed to gain 10 - 15 fps on my amd rig (r9 fury x :) )

FreeSync, gSync, open or closed technologies. Capitalism or not. Fact is, nvidia tops the charts. Now explain to me again why I should pay the same money for a R9 Fury X while i can get better frames in 'most' games out there with a 980ti?

I am a nVidia user and for my next card it will probably be Pascal chipset. Don't think of me as a AMD/ATI fan in any way. The gpu market without AMD though would be a much poorer place for more reasons than you alluded to.

Go on an empty First Light server to eliminate what is considered to be the major problem right now. The animations. What are your fps then? Pan around does your fps vary? How is your system being utilised during this gpu/cpu?. With your system you should be getting way more than 23 fps on lowest settings. Hell, you should be getting way more on epic settings if your gpu is pegged at 100% usage.

You might have a driver problem. You're not bit coin mining while gaming are you?

I can't even spawn on an empty server.

And I don't have any issues in any other game (other than some CPU bottlenecks, which is expected), and I don't do mining.

I can't even spawn on an empty server.

You can spawn on a populated server and get low frame rates but can't spawn on an empty one? Are you just testing on the firing range?

I got a Fury X.  A few of us have in EXODUS.  Nice cards.

Wait till 4.0 release towards end of the month and try again.

I got a 2500k @ stock, 16gb DDR3, SSDs, Fury X and get 40-60 everything EPIC on a full 60 slot.

Performance will increase as the game develops. As already mentioned the animation system needs addressing.

Empty server 160fps.