Sign in to follow this  
Nepsus

HighResShot fatal error

A friend an I have got a fatal error and the games stops working when we type "HighResShot x "  in the console  command.

We are using SweetFX.

Fatal error:[File:D\UE4\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Until.cpp][Line:259]D\UE4\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Viewport.cpp:(198):BackBuffer->GetResource() has 0 refs, expected 1

Here are the Logs (links are valid during 30 days):

CrashContext.runtime-xml : https://framadrop.org/r/MTC2W4V7lV#N08dvZc3SfbSfM0KIOnolF9cUqaQU/mN9jwd0GUMgXo=

UE4Minidump.dmp : https://framadrop.org/r/yRYKqjvyZp#wJH8cPu2RkHP/pkTazggI5pb3+ab2kl/H3h/XdYFecU=

nb: I know that this error doesn't prevent me from playing but i just want to report this fatal error.

The problem doesn't occur when I delete the SweetFX folders. So it is caused by SweetFX, the game crashes but the screenshot is saved.

Edited by Nepsus

Delete your config files and folders found in D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Squad\Engine\Config and validate them through steam. 

If its a directx problem try these: Try these. his method is simply but it is helpful for allot of people who had this problem. 

1:All you got to do is to re-install the application in which you are having this problem.

Firstly, Uninstall the application.
Restart the Computer.
Re-install the Application in which you had this issue.

Sometimes this error occurs due to the application running process. This error code 0xc000007b in windows 7, 8, 8.1 is sometime fixed by using this method.

2: Most of these causes are due to hard disk issue and can be resolved by checking your hard disk. To fix error code 0xc000007b in windows 7, 8, 8.1 you have to check your disk. All you need to do is to follow some certain steps explained below.

Run Command Prompt as administrator in your System.
Search For the cmd.exe in the search bar.
For Windows 7 – Click on the Start Button in the left bottom corner and type cmd.exe in the search bar.
For Windows 8 – Press the .Search key and type cmd.exe.
Right Click on the cmd.exe and click on Run as administrator.
After running the command prompt as administrator. Type chkdsk c: /f /r and press enter.
It your windows is installed in C drive then it will ask you to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N).
Type Y and press enter.
Now when you restart the windows it will check the disk during system restart. This will surely fix error code 0xc000007b in windows 7, 8, 8.1.

3:Right click on Application icon –> Click on Properties.
Click on Compatibility tab.
Check-up the box named “Run this program in compatibility mode for“.
In the drop-down menu that enables, select an earlier version of Windows.
Click Apply, and then OK.
Error Code 0xc000007b in Windows

Check Application Permission :

Open Application installation folder. Open C:\Program Files (x86)\Application Folder
Right click Application folder –> Click on Properties.
Click Security tab.
Check-up Full control. Check the checkbox inside the Allow column.
Click Apply, and then OK.
Now you are done. This will fix error code 0xc000007b in windows 7, 8, 8.1 or any of the above mentioned method will fix error code 0xc000007b in windows 7, 8, 8.1.

Thank you for your answer, but reinstalling the game a bit extreme solution.

I take now my screenshot with Steam ("F12") but sadly it can't exceed my desktop resolution.