Come on we need a game that will support LAN.  Just allow us to put steam in offline mode so we don't have to worry about disconnecting or lag when we have our big LAN parties....it is so frustrating.  We will have about 16 people and steam will go down or the internet will go down and we won't be able to play a game that we aren't even using the internet for....

No offense dude but 16 people on this game will be incredibly boring. You'll have to tell each other where to find one another. I think they will have LAN but I think playing LAN with 16 people would be quite boring and not getting the full experience of the game.

No offense dude but 16 people on this game will be incredibly boring. You'll have to tell each other where to find one another. I think they will have LAN but I think playing LAN with 16 people would be quite boring and not getting the full experience of the game.

Viper has a very valid point. While I'm sure LAN support will be native. 16v16 or 8v8 may be a bit difficult, as Viper said, in the envornments planned for this game. It'll be a pretty running simulator :D

+ 1 for Lan support

I live in south america and sometimes our only option is to play on Lan since internet is slow and unreliable here.

Having 12 player lans is still very popular here because of that.

PS: Many big and recent games support LAN including but not limited to:

Dota 2

Attila Total War

Contagion

All source games basically

Insurgency (you need to host a server on the LAN and everyone connects to it, no lag, 10 ping for all players and so much fun)

devs are including environments scaled for 5v5 and 8v8, perhaps others. LAN would be swell, and should be easy if theyre allowing publuc server configurations.

Even if there weren't in smallish environments there are plenty of shenanigans that can ensue in LAN games... dog fights, heli fights, tank battles as long as the map and spawns are in the right place it would be a blast to just mess around, without having to ruin the game for a whole server full of people!

+1

There is literally no possible way these devs will not ship the game with LAN support.

LAN capability also mean anyone can host their own server....as in the server is included with game purchase?

LAN capability also mean anyone can host their own server....as in the server is included with game purchase?

yes, and this reminds me now... I've read somewhere that this will be possible, so yeah :)

+1 LAN Support and enviroments scaled for 8v8, 12v12 or 15v15.

There are large community of competitive players who are very angry with DICE why not listen to us. It would be interesting to adapt squad to compete.

http://www.nordicleague.se/ 

Thanks.

devs are including environments scaled for 5v5 and 8v8, perhaps others. LAN would be swell, and should be easy if theyre allowing publuc server configurations.

Can this be count as an indicator for upcoming dynamic mapsizes or do you mean different maps with environments ?

Now for those who say that these map sizes normal maps makes lan boring and enemies hard to find you seem to forget that one strong point of AAS mode is that your enemies are always between two bases. If they are not they Will lose the round since you would eventually just cap all bases and after the last base/POI under your control they have lost. This dynamic is even more clearly seen when there is only handfull of plaers when there is not enough resources to scatter behind the enemylines to attack against logistics etc.

This is the main reason that the typical Conquest in BF usually rns extremely boring it lacks this key dynamic and the game turns to run around map contest where everyone are just flag to flag and in worst (rather normal) case you even not see more than 2 other enemies who have just captured tthe flag and this in full 64 player server.

Now of course there will be also other game modes, but I just did want to point out as AAS fan that even full scale aas map will scale really well to even small number of players. Only thing that will cause. headeche. is assets ie. tanks if the amount of them is not dynamically scaling to player count.

+1 for LAN support
I can train my friend over LAN

I would like to see LAN support. Games shouldn't require you to be logged in to play single player/LAN/Offline Mode. And not everybody thinks the maps are too big for 16 players. Sometimes guys like having to hunt each other for an hour before shooting it out. Or maybe they all wanna go smash it out in a small village on one end of the map, why not ? People should be able to play their game the way they want to especially when they've spent their hard earned scratch on it.

+1 for LAN support.

and as has already been said by unfrail, devs are going to include scaled down gamemodes for smaller amounts of players.

I would like to see LAN support. Games shouldn't require you to be logged in to play single player/LAN/Offline Mode. And not everybody thinks the maps are too big for 16 players. Sometimes guys like having to hunt each other for an hour before shooting it out. Or maybe they all wanna go smash it out in a small village on one end of the map, why not ? People should be able to play their game the way they want to especially when they've spent their hard earned scratch on it.

this is very true.

honestly, one of the most enjoyable and intense experiences i've ever had on PR was when I was playing on a map made for a full server, with only 6-8 guys. for the majority of the game, my team consisted of 1 fireteam. me and 3 other guys. fighting an enemy team about the same number, they always had 1 or 2 more than us.

only towards the end of the game did more people actually start to join to change the dynamic a bit. but for the duration of that really small fireteam based gameplay... it was soooo intense. some of the most fun i've ever had gaming in general.