Sign in to follow this  
Ason

Mapmaking question

Hey, First of all I would like to say this is really awesome! Good job getting this far!

Basically when I saw the screenshots I kinda fell in love with it.. 

At the moment I'm a bit lost.. Does someone know where I should start? I know nothing about UE4 atm..

So I really only got 2 questions so far:

Do I need any coding knowledge or can I create the maps entirely without that?

Should I start by buying the license or are there any cheper versions/demos that works just as well?

Edited by Ason

there should be an official new for part time job (PR-CON) and full time job (PR-DEV) application with the massive income of the folks from realitymod.Everybody wants to help and a lot of them is lost in the hype-train.

right now the plan is as follows

1. Pay for core game once

2. Content add on for core game is always free

3. Community Mods could be sold as cheaper DLCs coupled with squad core with revenue sharing between Squad and Mod team. (ww2, mutant lesbian zombies, Vietnam)

there should be an official new for part time job (PR-CON) and full time job (PR-DEV) application with the massive income of the folks from realitymod.Everybody wants to help and a lot of them is lost in the hype-train.

Unlike a spare time hobby project like PR, we are making a very serious effort here to make this a legitimate business over the coming months and years. We have to be more careful of who and how we let people in so to not compromise our chances and the future of the project.

That being said, once a stable foundation has been formed by the core team, many options open up. However this is still some in the future.

If we need specific skills or manpower before such a time, we will seek it out from amongst our network and the community first and foremost.