Stronkie

Server company complaining

I just got an email from my hosting company, stating that there was an attack on the box where I just installed a squad server.

Has anyone this also happening to their new dedicated server setup?

Could it be it is just the gamecode creating this traffic that my hosting provider thinks it is an attack?

Well it just happend again , they shutted my connection to the box again cause a attack??

they've been smashing us too mate, its super frustrating. I've pulled my servers down a couple of times myself.

Some unlikeable characters have been putting on some cray DDOS attacks. I monitored one a few nights back and the sheer number of connections is hectic.

Get in touch with binary, he can give you his router config to block the ddos and you can forward them to your hosting provider.

So You Start.

But they have something like that in place.. They take my whole server offline (well out of their network) send me a email , then put it back when the DDOS stops.. Which is not helping in any case. It is only fixing their impact on their network.

So it looks like you probably have a dedicated server with them? Their website shows they offer DDOS protection. I would contact them to get it straightened out so that you get DDOS protection.

My host company has a VAC system that's been great for taking care of DDOS attacks -- in fact i cannot remember the last time we got hit or noticed that we got hit. (NOTICE TO POTENTIAL DDOSers reading this: dont)

Host is OVH.

My host company has a VAC system that's been great for taking care of DDOS attacks -- in fact i cannot remember the last time we got hit or noticed that we got hit. (NOTICE TO POTENTIAL DDOSers reading this: dont)

Host is OVH.

OVH is a datacenter provider, no?

I have seen companies saying they have DDoS protection, but they only blackhole the IP block to protect their network.

Do not trust just 'DDoS protection' in their website. Read the terms, ask support about it. Also ask how much bandwidth they can take before you notice the attack.

Also ask if you can have a 10gig port, sometimes it help.

I have seen companies saying they have DDoS protection, but they only blackhole the IP block to protect their network.

Do not trust just 'DDoS protection' in their website. Read the terms, ask support about it. Also ask how much bandwidth they can take before you notice the attack.

Also ask if you can have a 10gig port, sometimes it help.

Bit of a sell out here, I do know the owner of Gaming Deluxe... which have applied to host servers.

Currently their UK data centre can filter up to 500 gbit of malicious traffic and only return clean traffic to the end point (your server).

They've been around for 10+ years I highly recommend them, their support is down to earth.

They also own their own network and machines :)