cyreda

Why can you go prone under water?

cyreda   

This problem is especially evident in Chora. The water is just a plane shader, you can literally go under it for hours and hide from your enemies almost completely. I have had couple of situations where enemy goes hiding under water and survives, I have done that too. In unreal engine 4, its literally very easy to create volumes that kill you in some time after you enter them. Also some post processing and movement changes under water would be easy, and very nice.

Just pointing this one out:

2r70f7n.jpg

Some waterfall shading would be nice imo :D

Snake_   

I'm sure it'll be there in time.

I remember playing ghost recon in like 2003 and the character would say, "too deep" when you tried to prone. And I would continue to try to prone crossing the river. "Too deep, too deep, too deep". Good times.

Edit: whack ass phone.

I'm sure it'll be there in time.

I remember playing ghost recon in like 2003 and the character would say, "too deep" when you tried to prone. And I would continue to try to prone crossing the river. "Too deep, too deep, too deep". Good times.

Edit: whack ass phone.

Oh man that brought back some memories! 

I suppose they will add some kind of generic fatigue and damage penalty, if you were to stay under water for more than a few seconds.

I would also like to point out that there's currently no water splash animation, effect or sound, when you walk in water, but i reckon they will add it during development.

cyreda   

Because Alpha. 

I don't think you should disregard missing features or bugs by saying "cause its alpha". There are games out there that never got bugs fixed, and at the beta stage people yelled "CAUSE ITS BETA, it'll come later on". Whoopsie.

I also think that during alpha stage its vital to discuss about things like this. There are not many threads on this subject :D

DocEast   

I also think that during alpha stage its vital to discuss about things like this. 

Absolutely. However, also understand they'll get to it when they get to it. There are larger fish to fry that are a larger detriment to development. That said, not everything can be found by them or even the QA testers sometimes. Report bugs you find and in time, they'll be addressed. 

I don't think you should disregard missing features or bugs by saying "cause its alpha". There are games out there that never got bugs fixed, and at the beta stage people yelled "CAUSE ITS BETA, it'll come later on". Whoopsie.

I also think that during alpha stage its vital to discuss about things like this. There are not many threads on this subject :D

Actually, there are quite a few if you search for "underwater". Although most are hidden because it was considered an exploit. In the very early days, water was not transparent and you could not be seen when under it and you could not take damage. Players would lie prone in the water and wait for people to pass by and shoot from underwater while the water acted as a shield for them.

So, yes it's alpha. Just know it has already been improved and it will continue to improve.

cyreda   

So, yes it's alpha. Just know it has already been improved and it will continue to improve.

Just to let you know I ain't whining: I think whatever stage this now is in, squad is still the best fps game I've played after rainbow six 3 :)

On 2016-01-07 at 10:06 PM, Major Trouble said:

Every squaddie packs a straw these days for crawling through water to remain undetected. However I think, due to budget cuts, they may stop issuing them in the future.

just lol !!! HAhahhahaha wtf man...:D