DrDoom151

Giving Up easily / Ticket Wasters

If you can't wait more than a minute or two for a revive you should try a more arcade style game like Battlefield or Call of Duty. This is a team based game and a few tickets can be the difference between winning or loosing a game.

Look at the map, if you see a medic near you and you give up you're screwing over possibly 35 people on your team. Expect to be called out playing like that.

I'm not the only person that remembers the people who give up and they shouldn't be surprised when they get kicked from squads until they change their steam name. 

as RaTzo intimated below - insults (and outrageous high-horse comments/claims) will achieve nothing. i know what this game is about and how it works and i also know that i will not be screwing over 35 other people on my team unless we are down to the last ticket!

> i could not see/find any "medic" marker on the map or compass for the entirety of the fight, even though i knew we had one. (the HUD icons on the compas are too small/clunky)

> "1-2 minutes" was a loose term and its a long time down not being able to help. i was probably waiting 2-4 minutes and gave up after no medic action even after the heavy fight had died down and numerours calls.

so i ask you FOURTWENTY - do i just lie on the ground indefinitely and hope i will be medded? or do i take the advantage of respawning locally while i can and being a productive squad member?

Insulting people and making them feel guilty won't ever change their behaviour. I know because I do it too often myself... :) 

Those who stick it out and learn how to play the game will see the value in waiting and they'll wait. Some people never will, but the majority of players who keep playing will. LaughingJack when you start valuing the win more than the wait and you also couple that value with the knowledge that you're working with a squad & medics you can trust then the wait won't be that bad. 

It's when we don't trust the squad and don't value the win that we start thinking about needing to get back in the action right away. 

RaTzo, with all due respsct, i do value the Win very much and in fact we did win that match (my squad came first with me topping the scorecard - very happy with my first game and first (stumbling) outing as SL). ive had years of tourney matches to teach me patience for the medics lovin'.

"knowledge that you're working with a squad & medics you can trust then the wait won't be that bad." - agree! trouble is this does not always happen and i dont want to play "find a decent squad simulator" all evening.

Another weekend another Saturday/Sunday where casuals waste everyones tickets.

Every game I'm playing this weekend is decided by how many people give up and not based on teamwork at all. This is suppose to be a teamwork based game

You can have the best organised squads on your team but it doesn't matter when you have 5+ people giving up and running out to die in the same places over and over.

How about forcing a give up cooldown on players that die more than 10 times? It's out of control on the weekends.

so i ask you FOURTWENTY - do i just lie on the ground indefinitely and hope i will be medded? or do i take the advantage of respawning locally while i can and being a productive squad member?

I stick close to my squad/medics. It's generally not an issue. If they can't get to me to revive me or they die and need support getting back I will give up. It's common sense and good players all do the same thing. Follow your squad leader and only give up if you need to. If a medic can respawn and get back to your location then wait.

Use communication and teamwork. Let your medics use the tickets and don't waste them because you're impatient or go play a game like battlefield or Call of duty instead.

It would be better if when people get hit and downed that they ask if the medic can reach them, as a medic I will say if I am near and to wait/not give up.

I had some good rounds as medic yesterday, people waited or asked for help and then one round where everyone gave up even when I said I was there and to wait 2 seconds,quite often quitting while I was bandaging them up.

Also the SL has to take some responsibility and say to the squad if its ok to give up or wait for a medic,I usually ask if its worth waiting or not.

For casualties it might be more constructive add a longer respawn timer if a live medic is within a certain range of them?  If we do go down the road of long respawn times, it would be great to be able to spectate a squadmate while waiting.

Yep that's why I always tell players that I'm healing them, to prevent them from bailing mid-patch.

What i found worse is if you are a medic, and you got 5 people who are bleeding out or down in your compound and half of them are complaining that you are not doing it fast enough. One guy even started to throw some abuse towards me, i told him i was fixing up some other guys who were bleeding out allot heavier and he stated they are not from our squad so not important (like wtf). I was the only medic in that squad and did not pick him up anymore. Morale of the story, don't piss off your medic as he is the only one that can save your butt!

lol as a medic i refuse to bandage people if they have more than 25% life left.

my bandages are just to valuable to waste because you thought pointing your gun at my face was a better use of both of our time rather than bandaging yourself.(yes they never watch while i bandage or heal its always wolf stare into my eyes.)

there are some exceptions like if we have a crate and are defending a point i will patch up the guys so they can continue to suppress.

buts its almost always some jerk running from 100m away screaming "medic!" and I'm like lol no.

also i wont get on roofs because your dumb ass climbed up the stairs/ladder and got sniped.

does this make me a bad medic?

Sorry, I didn't read all the topic but my two cents :

If people are giving up so easily it's mainly because at the moment, it's quicker and easier to respawn. With the amount of fobs and the size of the map or even the RP that can be spawn everywhere almost all the time well... they are just like " f*ck it, I'll just respawn "

I'm not saying it's right, since I'm a medic player, but I can understand their thinking

I stick close to my squad/medics. It's generally not an issue. If they can't get to me to revive me or they die and need support getting back I will give up. It's common sense and good players all do the same thing. Follow your squad leader and only give up if you need to. If a medic can respawn and get back to your location then wait.

Use communication and teamwork. Let your medics use the tickets and don't waste them because you're impatient or go play a game like battlefield or Call of duty instead.

which is exactly the situation i was in! omg, why so obstinate before? and whats with the patronising final comment? seriously mate, im not 3 years old, get off the "play like me or go play BF/CoD's you immature noob" bandwagon, its insulting.

you seem pretty irate at so called "casuals" on the weekends. a sugestion would be to find a decent server with likeminded individuals who value squad cohesion and teamwork. either that or deal with the fact that Other people play this game as well. - and you call me impatient . . .

and whats with the patronising final comment? seriously mate, im not 3 years old, get off the "play like me or go play BF/CoD's you immature noob" bandwagon, its insulting.

If I misunderstood and came across as patronising I apologize. The problem I have is there are only 1-2 West Coast NA servers that fill up at any given time. Usually just 1. Canadian internet sucks, gives high pings to even central US/Canada servers.

On the weekends the rounds on the servers I get good ping on are all based off 3-5 people on each team giving up right away and end up using more tickets themselves than entire squads do. Those are the people I mean to suggest other games to like COD and battlefield since they are making the efforts of 30+ people on a team trivial.

@FOURTWENTY: no worries mate. and i understand totally about 2nd-world internet and only 1-2 servers for choice, its the same here in aussieland. i guess we'll just have to persist until more servers are up, down the track. :)