+1 Longsword

Iron Sights too far from in game player eye

1 hour ago, Roque_THE_GAMER said:

So Delta Force Black Hawk down got that right?

Geometry is a little off but yes that's sensation you get in general when peep holes are used properly

6 hours ago, Maamyyra said:

What's wrong being more accurate and at the same time you also get the benefit from wider view with your left eye?

Because it isn't intuitive and not accurate. Aiming through sights in real life is an intuitive process. You bring your sights up to whatever target you're looking at. You don't shift your point of focus to where ever your rifle's pointing and then bring the sights over to your target. With your suggestion you would be doing the latter. 

seems to me they only worked hard on the red dot and said **** all to the other weapons

there really should be an intermediate point shooting system so that you don't have to ADS when at medium to close ranges.

Edited by Randall172

On 2017-6-6 at 7:25 PM, Randall172 said:

seems to me they only worked hard on the red dot and said **** all to the other weapons

there really should be an intermediate point shooting system so that you don't have to ADS when at medium to close ranges.

Since the the gun is in the middle of the screen is actually reliable to point shoot with it, if (i hope not) they add free aim.

RaginSam   

People are very hard to see in this game. The lack of zoom while going to into ads is what hurts the game play IMO. I know you can press shift and it zooms, but that's limited by stamina.

I think that you should just automatically zoom in when you ads. The shift/holding breath should be to steady the sway. The bigger the magnification the more important holding your breath becomes.

Edited by RaginSam

I think it's just a problem that really needs to be fixed no matter it's unrealistic or not.As I know, many friends of mine quit playing Squad because the sight picture is too painful in Squad

JJordawg   

This is one of the most frustrating elements of Squad to me, the one that makes me almost want to quit.

I have a budget gaming PC I built a few years ago that runs BF4 at close to 50 FPS on Ultra, but because its an AMD machine I get rarely over 20fps in game.

This is compounded by the godawful sights in this game. I feel like my character is putting his eye at the butt of the weapon, and then there is barely any zoom or DOF change. I rarely ever can actually make shots in any reliable way, because a.) The game is so damn choppy for me, and b.) The sights are terrible.

Also, the way recoil in this game works kind of baffles me. It is incredibly hard to control and not in a way that is realistic or gameplay inducing, it's just annoying.

Squad gives MAJOR hardware advantage. I have never run into another game where I actually feel my machine is inadequate to let me compete. For someone like me, not able to afford new computer builds regularly, these factors combine to make Squad an exercise in frustration. If I was getting 60fps regularly, it would still be annoying to deal with the terrible ADS. As it is, I have to use a small monitor and a machine that is almost unuseable for this game, which makes any sort of shooting at any range, I miss 95% of my shots. That's not lack of skill, I do really well in BF, CS, CoD, Insurgency, but in this game its nearly impossible for me.

Devs, please, I beg of you, make this game runnable on AMD and fix the sights to be like other games.

Nikko B   
2 hours ago, JJordawg said:

Also, the way recoil in this game works kind of baffles me. It is incredibly hard to control and not in a way that is realistic or gameplay inducing, it's just annoying.

I'm no expert, but have you fired a gun on full auto while staying on target at medium to long ranges? Short range is pretty easy, it's manageable and works. 

Para   

As Sgt Ross has mentioned things will change with new animation system. Believe me many many backers from day one have discussed the sights and feeling you are too far away from the weapon. I too know people who don't play anymore they got frustrated with not being able to see what they are shooting at because of the ADS. It is frustrating, I feel it too. But this is their game, and their vision. At 1440p I find it impossible to shoot at range on single fire, I can't see what am shooting at.

So it becomes a mid - CQ game. 50 cals are also a no go really, again no way for me to see what am shooting.

We live with it or we move on, or we wait and see what the devs update. 

Nyrak   
On 14/01/2016 at 8:21 PM, trotskygrad said:

AA2 did it well imo

k4WwrCi.jpg

Yes, this is probably one of the most authentic sight pictures that I've seen in a game. It's almost like in real life. However, what you aim at should be a bit blurry as well. IRL the only really sharp looking object is the front sight in my experience (if you want to hit!).

Edited by Nyrak

Smee   

Isn't it very much like your nose, you don't really see your nose for your brain ignores it. With gun sights your more seeing the fore sight and beyond  and ignoring the rear of the gun,IRL. So as we look at the screen we see the rear of the gun so never really able to fill in the picture the gun would be ignored,blurred so even though correct  when up to supposed eye we still see too clear gun.

JJordawg   
On 7/8/2017 at 0:59 AM, Nikko B said:

I'm no expert, but have you fired a gun on full auto while staying on target at medium to long ranges? Short range is pretty easy, it's manageable and works. 

Never full auto. I mean more that the gun seems to jump up a step with each shot and doesn't "lower" again due to it's weight. Your character has perfect ability to keep the gun exactly level but doesn't return it to near it's original position. AKA its like the parabola a gun travels along due to the hop from recoil, it stops at the apex. Other games return close to the original firing position if you can meter out your shots or once the firing is over. Not exactly, but closer to reflect the weight of the weapon being held.

Qaiex   

The problem is that the sights are basically on point from a purely anatomical standpoint, but we're not seeing the battlefield with our own eyes we're looking at screens of various sizes, so everything is much smaller than it is in reality. You need some sort of compensation for the game aspect of it. We're not all using VR, or are hooked up to the Matrix, unfortunately, so we need some sort of gameplay assistance. I think the ability to zoom in like in certain other games, whilst not super realistic, could be a good compromise. You could excuse it as the soldier focusing on something in the distance or whatever.

It provides the gameplay effect of simulating more realistic human vision, and increases player situational awareness, albeit without being very realistic itself.