Sign in to follow this  
FOURTWENTY

Server list problems - Priority? Queue/Refreshing

You like to play with your red coat server community right?

If you didn't have your admin reserved slot and could never join up with your community because the server was always full you might understand.

I played this game long before community servers were up so I fully understand your predicament and sympathise. I've also seeded server from 0 to full in 20 minutes due to not being able to join full servers. But I also understand the need for cheat prevention and optimization is of higher importance, hence the dev's priority.

Honestly patience is your best virtue, sparing 15 minutes to populate a server is well worth it, I understand the desire to jump straight into the action with a nearly full server, but until this que system is implemented, that's how it is.

I can say that ping up to 180 is easily manageable so consider widening your search? We have members from the West Coast who play East coast and even EU servers with little issues. 

Might be worth a try

Little feature? I don't know about you but I play squad every day. I have to deal with trying over and over to join a server and have my server list stop working every day. I figured this would have been patched in by now because of how obviously bad this was, but it hasn't been and that's why this thread is here.

Seems like a huge problem to me.

Maybe you don't have friends to play with so it's not as big of a problem. Probably the case looking at your 1296 forum posts but I don't mean any offense like I'm sure your condescending reply didn't either.

Way to make friends bud

I have a 4mb wireless connection and I live in central Ontario. I basically only play on European servers (due to the difference in player base) and have 0 issues. Hell even half the time my missus is watching online TV so I do not see your problem except for the fact that you sound over-privileged.

It is frustrating yes, I'm a RedCoat and I often spend 20mins at a time trying to get onto a server with the lads as ONLY our admins have server privileges.

It would be nice to have, it's frustrating to go searching for a server name every time I hit refresh, but you know what? I just take a deep breath (sometimes filled with ganja) and I chill the fuck out. Something that someone with your name should do a whole lot more of!

Way to make friends bud

:D​  If the OP had friends at all, he could join an server that has 4-8 players on it. With 3-4 buddies + you, they fill up in no-time.

​Some people just need to complain.

:D​  If the OP had friends at all, he could join an server that has 4-8 players on it. With 3-4 buddies + you, they fill up in no-time.

​Some people just need to complain.

Not here to make friends with forum warrior fan boys with thousands of posts. I came here to voice my opinion about a problem keeping my friends from playing and keeping me from joining the severs I like.

so I do not see your problem except for the fact that you sound over-privileged.

It is frustrating yes, I'm a RedCoat and I often spend 20mins at a time trying to get onto a server with the lads

To me spending 20mins struggling to join a game is not worth my time. Some people don't sit around at the computer all day with all the time in the world.

Don't like it ask for a refund, or STFU and go smoke another fatty, unless, OMG I know what it is. They revoked your Medical Marijuana Card and your all Pissy, they said Laziness' isn't an accepted reason for smoking weed...

Just Kidding FourTwenty, Just chill let them work out the bugs sit back enjoy the game....

Just chill let them work out the bugs sit back enjoy the game....

If I could just sit back and enjoy the game I wouldn't be posting about this problem.

It's early access, I bought it and there's a problem keeping me from playing it. Still haven't even gotten a dev response and that's the whole point of this to bring it to their attention.

To me spending 20mins struggling to join a game is not worth my time. Some people don't sit around at the computer all day with all the time in the world.

Look, don't take me wrong. I respect your complain by itself, but what goes around, comes around.

I hope you will find a way to accept things how they are at the moment because they really have other priorities in mind, which many people are fine with because they look at the big picture.

I suggest you'd try the suggestion I posted above, it really works! (joining a semi-empty server). It really fills up quickly!

Anyways, have a nice evening! :)

If I could just sit back and enjoy the game I wouldn't be posting about this problem.

It's early access, I bought it and there's a problem keeping me from playing it. Still haven't even gotten a dev response and that's the whole point of this to bring it to their attention.

Relax then, because they are working on it and won't stop till the issues are resolved :)

Should have

could have, would have, etc.

Patience is a virtue bud, I highly recommend it. You aren't the first person to bring up this specific grievance and the devs are working on improvements.

If you want to hash out things they 'should have' done, there's really no point seeing as how it is not constructive and I don't need to see it contributing to petty bickering on the forums here.

Now i do like that squad server link you guys posted. It got me thinking how much better it would be to filter out the EU servers and have the NA servers by ping rates.

Now that i see 200+ ping rates its really making it rather difficult for us NA players to play on EU servers. I see mostly today that German servers where full, yet US servers empty.

Ping does matter, and it matters so much that we will get disconnected and or server closed error at the top. Don't fool yourselves into believing it is something else. Those gateways are unstable for us in NA.

I understand that most of us work during those times. But at night i still have a flow of EU servers which locks us NA out from playing on populated servers, or full.

So then i hit refresh and it still shows the same servers, and maybe 1 new US server that's filled.

I hit it again and more EU servers pop up and maybe some more EU refreshed servers.

I have no way to filter it out, i have no control on ping and i am rather ticked i cant find a server to play on.

Its Alpha... its alpha... we all know, remember our money = your money we still purchased into this alpha just as much as the next guy.

Iron, your a cool dude man but right now i want to tell you to shove that patience shit. You know why? we still have no filter tool hehe

It will come we know but still i cant frigging connect to the servers, they are all German servers.

You EU sit there for 20-30 minutes on work week night and hit refresh =D and us in NA hit connect for a change.

i think thats what a forum is for and i think too that should be implemented soon.

playing with more then one friend can take a lot of time if you dont have the same serverlist everytime you refresh and end up on a 400 ping australian server.

and you should be able to put your opinion here without its an alpha + have patience.

we know this does not happen tomorrow.