yourself92

Tear/Rip out grass

I have played a fair number of FPS's where my preferred type is mil sim type games. Currently I'm coming over from Arma and loving Squad so far. One thing I've never seen the ability to do in any game is for a player to be able to tear the grass out of the ground where they are laying down in order to be able to see better. When laying down or sniping sometimes it becomes a game of find the right angle or area on the hill that doesn't have grass blocking your view. Arma has a system where the grass which you're laying on will go flat for a bit but over the next minute or so it straightens out and is in your face again. I have no idea whether this would be possible or not due to map/engine limitations but I think it would be a useful/realistic feature to have

I am sure the devs could do it because they are awesome but I think they are worried about other things like new scopes, factions, vehicles, and more content to the game. I could see them added that long down the road tho.

I don't know if tearing the stuff out is difficult to do back-end wise, it'd be cool if it became more transparent if it's very close to the player's view point however.

might put a strain on the clients, when you rip that grass out the server has to sync it to all the clients so they see the grass is gone too.

why not just implementing the grass into the collision system of the gun. so that when it collides with your barrel it automatically folds to the ground and back up. this wouldn't have to be synced to everyone in the game since grass only pops up to a limited range as it is for now

Would love to have a way of getting the damn weed out of my face.

I mostly play automatic rifleman or medic. Needless to say, with the bipod / cover system not implemented the only way to lay down suppressing fire is to go prone with the LMG's, which means you get a face full of green straws that block 85% of your field of view.

I dunno how many times I've been running around to find a grass-free spot on the ground where I can lay down and actually see what the heck is going on in front of me. This is particularly an issue on the forest maps like Fools Road.

I dunno know what ways they might change this, but honestly, as long as there is *some* way of getting the weed outta my face I am 100% in support of it.

I am sure the devs could do it because they are awesome but I think they are worried about other things like new scopes, factions, vehicles, and more content to the game. I could see them added that long down the road tho.

This, no one thinks about the sync, if all 100 players are doing it.  Fuck ton of lag

I have no idea if something like this could be implemented but I understand exactly what you mean, there's nothing worse than being in a great vantage point while prone and being completely obstructed by the grass in front of you.

in real life as soon as you start firing the grass simply starts to be cut and blown away by the muzzle flash and the air pressure which gets released from the barrel.

perhaps doing something with the particle system of the muzzle making it so that when those particles get in contact with the grass they simply get cut away or flattened