Sign in to follow this  
47andrej

Will there be ported maps from BF PR?

fools road lends itself to pretty much what we are heading for so good candidate..

@morbo - you must be the one and only siege at ochimchira fan besides myself!! lol

I will say what I always so when it comes to map voting or suggestions:

"anything but bloody Kashan"

And on that note, any wide open maps that have no consideration for Infantry combat (don't you dare say that Kashan has good inf you cas whore :P ).

we are building the game from the ground up with infantry as the first focus. Don't think we will ever have maps in Squad that won't have an enjoyable infantry experience.

With all due respect to my fellow leaders and shooters from PR,I would like to see some new maps that no one has a advantage playing before...Like

if SQUAD had Kutu Marget or Flooded Village form JO:TR personally myself I would have the advantage...I will know every hidin' and good shootin' spot and basically you wouldn't have a chance lol!

Saying that all in all, I would be happy whatever the Developers come out with aslong they get SQUAD out "Pronto"... ;)

I would like to see the following maps ported into a Squad version:

1. Korengal Valley
  2. Fallujah West
  3. Lashkar Valley
  4. Sbeneh Outskirts
  5. Kokan (Enhanced version)

Other maps that would be great but not necessary in my opinion are Muttrah, Kashan and Ramiel.

The reason that I have chosen for maps such as Korengal and Lashkar, maps whom are both not liked among the regular PR players, is because in PR they already have a very good immersion. You can have really tense battles and feel like real Taliban or a ISAF soldier. On these maps I often don't care whether I win the game, as long as I can enjoy good intensive firefights. 

I believe the new engine allows to bring even better immersion to these maps, along with that maps like Korengal can be more fluent. It allows the developers to fix the flaws of the PR version while maintaining the feeling of the Korengal Valley. 

However, I don't expect both Lashkar and Korengal to be ported. Why? Because both maps are disliked by the regular players. The maps I just named don't allow you to use a lot of regular tactics and easy movement, you must actually think before you do. Along with that a lot of people tend to dislike the unconventional factions along with the insurgency game mode, even the AAS game mode was not liked on both maps. So I don't think the attitude towards these maps will change, since most players rather play with fancy toys instead of shooting coalition soldiers with a rusty AK that will never jam. 

I hope that Squad will feature more maps that the insurgents can benefit of in terms of design, while the Coaltion soldiers can benefit of their equipment and that way the game is balanced.

NO MORE FUCKING MUTTRAH!

My post doesn't need any explanation, no one wants to see Muttrah again in Squad so admins and players can abuse it. Yes we want memories from Project Reality when we play but not those kind of memories.

muttrah and kashan will not be making comebacks.   :)

Its a bit of a pity. That waterside promenade in Muttrah was really good looking. Well I hope there will be some more "civilised" maps like Muttrah, not only afghan villages and garbage dumps.

Arent the PR maps a bit small? I would definately like to have some maks made by inspiration of current PR maps though.

PR maps are a bit small but for sure cities will be making an appearence. thats really what we are working up to it just takes a shit ton of manpower investment.

PR maps are a bit small but for sure cities will be making an appearence. thats really what we are working up to it just takes a shit ton of manpower investment.

We may have giant combined arms 8x8km maps in the not distant future ?  :)

I would like to see the following maps ported into a Squad version:

1. Korengal Valley
  2. Fallujah West
  3. Lashkar Valley
  4. Sbeneh Outskirts
  5. Kokan (Enhanced version)

I totally agree with this. I love all of these maps, it's like you read my mind! :) 

That be so epic and a glorious killing field!...

Watchout Snipers I'm coming for ya!... :)

muttrah and kashan will not be making comebacks.   :)

I'm kinda glad of this. That map was played way too much in my opinion. It was a great map, just overused. I'm looking forward to new CQB city type maps that you guys make in the same vein as Muttrah and looking forward to more varied maps too like Kashan, fools road, qwai etc.