Sign in to follow this  
CatintheHat

Australian servers

Howdy.

Just started playing today.  Got my first kill after about the fourth map.  Lots of fun !

Noticed there was only about 4 servers based in Australia at the moment.

I have hosted a server for a game called Red Orchestra out here in Australia for a bunch of years.  Developed a pretty good community also forum here www.aussienzro2.com.au and a steam group of about 3000 http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AustHOS.

I was keen to inquire about hosting a Squad server but was unable to find anything about hosting applications or requirements.  

Is there a process that I have overlooked to apply for hosting or is it all too early because of the development?

Anyway if someone could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.  

I believe people could apply to run servers before the game was released on Steam in EA, but I have no idea how it works now. I suggest you send a private message to one of the admins!

Welcome buddy, Server brower can be odd at times... Had a couple of minor hiccups with the Aust servers of late... Plenty more than 4 tho :D

Enjoy!  

I tell you what, the Aussie servers are copping it hard tonight. Haven't been able to play for longer than 10 minutes so far.

Yeah :( bullshit i tell you, Good friend of mine owns these servers :D

I don't mind a bit of RO my self.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Ah so you're the man behind AUSNZ RO server. Good stuff, Still play on your server 

Nope I not the man behind it all my very close friend is tho (Helped admin a lot for him in the past)  :D. Great to hear that its a great server for you. You can always message me if you get tossers in there :D Steam name Nateoxide

Thanks TotalEclipse, I will follow up with an admin and see what is what.

Good to see there is more than 4 servers.  Seems they were having problems as when I next went into game there were only 2 servers that seemed AU based.  

RO is a great game.  Hosted RO1, DH and now RO2 servers so I have been with it for some time.  Explains the 3,000 steam members.

From the few maps I played earlier today this had the same feeling for me as RO1.  Especially the distance.  RO2 lost its way a little by trying to force everything to rather close quarter combat.  

Anyway an early assessment after four maps.