unfrail

The Mouse Thread

What kind of mouse do you have and why is it the best?

What do you like?

What do you not like?

What other mice are you looking into?

Ive got the Logitech G502. Its decent but its not the best.

Things I like:
Its got standard Logitech decent build quality. Wide range of DPI adjust. Reasonably priced. Left, right, middle, + 2 index, +3 thumb buttons, and the weighted mouse wheel you can spin down the longest blogs with only a flick.

Things I dont:

I dont like the ergonomics. Feels a bit stretched out. Index Finger buttons are not as accurately tactile as I'd prefer. Thumb buttons could also be more accessible. But it does the job.

Mice I'm interested in:
Roccat NYTH because it has modular thumb button arrangements. I could go for a few more, but not fullblown 12 like all the mmo mice.
Roccat Tyon because it has all the extra buttons I need, and that thumb lever looks like it would be perfect for tying to an adjustable lean mechanic.

I've got the Razer DeathAdder.

It works for me. I tend to shoot fairly straight. :)

Things I like:

Its got pretty decent build quality in my opinion. I have two and the the first one is still rocking after 3+ years.

Things I dont:

I wish it had like two more buttons.

Mice I'm interested in:

Whatever Razer has cooking for their next great mouse.

-Corsair Sabre Optical... it's not the best, but my friend brought it for me when he came to Vietnam on holidays from Australia.

What do you like?

-It's pretty much a standard gaming mouse, DPI settings, etc.

What do you not like?

-Shitty Corsair software.

-I have a soft spot for Razer Mamba, used while playing BF4 competitive (cringe) and for a long time.

Can be used wireless for productivity, etc... plug it in for gaming. Never had issues with it and just felt right.

Razer Naga Hex.

It's not the best, but its very responsive and comfortable. Good not only for FPS games, but MMOs, RTS, RPG etc due to the 6 side buttons by the thumb grip and also has a tilt mouse wheel.
Basically a Naga thats less bulky and has less buttons :D

Mouse I have:
Madcatz R.A.T. 7
MCB43708_rat_7_gb_E.jpg

What do I like?
That its adjustable, I can remove or add weights to the inside of it and adjust how long the mouse is itself when my hand cramps up.
also has a sniper button on the left side to cut my DPi in half while I'm holding it making it easier to aim when zoomed in.
also that it looks futuristic as hell :P

What do I not like?
sometimes it gets dust in the optical center and I need to blow it out like once a week as it pretends the y axis doesn't exist.

What other mice am I looking into?
none, got a warranty on this baby.

I've got the Steel Series Sensei Raw.

41BJ5Qgu%2BpL._SY355_.jpg

I like it's simplicty. It's comfortable, has the exact number of buttons I need, and the wire has fabric wrapped around it which keeps my wire corralled where I want it to be.

I don't like the wheel. I wish it was a smooth scroll motion instead of the weird clicks that it has as you move the wheel up or down.

I'm not currently in the market for any other mouse, but I'd definitely consider something with a more meaty scroll wheel that has a smooth movement so long as the rest of the mouse was as close to this one as possible.

clg-razer-deathadder-grip.jpg

I've got the Razer DeathAdder.

Things I like:

Feels good, nice grip, tested alot of mouses, was the best feeling mouse. iam now over 6 yeahrs (2 of them) with it. Not to mutch buttons. iam a simple man and dont need 40 buttons on my right hand  :)

The razor Synaps Software, for drivers and advandced mouse settings is just awsome. Synapse Software Preview

Things I dont like:

Is too light in weight for me. Thats only a small issue but okay. The mousewheel push is a weak spot. maybe they fixed that for the newer mouses

Mice I'm interested in:

i stay with Razer, good experiance in my gamer life. Razer Deathadder Chroma, its the new version of a old and good Deathadder.

Logitech G502. Not the best for me but pretty good. Very responsive - buttons & tracking. Glides smoothly on my hard mouse pad. Mouse wheel is one of the best. Nice positive stops without being stiff.

What do you not like?

To small for me. Sensitivity button placement makes them easy to hit accidentally. Bit of a stretch to the sniper button.

None at the moment. Want something similar to the G502 but larger and with 1000mhz polling. Had a Corsair m65 but that broke sooner than expected. May go with Zowie next.

Corsair Vengeance M65

I quite like this mouse, it does have a 'sniper' function but my thumb can't quite reach it to be effective enough to not throw me aim. It does have 3 DPi buttons behind the scroll wheel that comes in handy for long range engagements.

It allows me to shoot things and do stuff and it's solid!

92d25083162b358bd374f02d518f96ec.jpg

Logitech G400

What do you like?

Logitech software is good quality, no tweaking, working out of the box serious tool as all keys are programmable. (in its possible feature limitations).

Economics .. it were cheapish.

Wide range of DPI settings (max 3k6)

Solid build quality and not a flimsy soap box as some of the "high-end" gaming gimmicks out there.

What do you not like?

After extented use all the surfaces that were once grippy are now mirror polished. ( nothing that hockey tape wouldn't fix ;) )

After extented use buttons are rubbed colorless

After extented use buttons at times start to give symptoms of mechanical failure.

Not as smoothly running and ergonomic as my old Logitech MX1000 and only have 2 thumb buttons (which are ergonimacally much less practical).

The buttons lined with mousewheel are pretty useless in ergonomics and in fps game. (Compared to usability of MX1000 (a first gen laser mouse IIRC) rubbish)

Doesn't have analog axial control "joystick" in the side.

Something that have up to 4k5 DPI

Something that have atleast 5 side buttons

Is not flimsy

Software is good out of the box

Propably one of those MMO mouses.

PS. As a heads-up I noticed that Roccat NYTH have something like 3D-printing support and I assume that is for the sidekeys. However someone who are considering that should be avare that atleast one "study" made notification of high soluble toxic content levels of some of the plastics used in 3D printers.

http://ucrtoday.ucr.edu/32964

I use the razer tai pei it works really well. However I bought it to replace my favorite fps mouse the logitech mx550 thst broke. It is super smooth and completely adjustable with a very high dpi adjustability for pinpoint accuracy

G502 best mouse I ever owned. Have no significant things to complain about the mouse. I can only strongly recommend it.

Zowie EC1-A

F8Rm5rk.png

What do you like?

Perfect shape for my hand and my half claw, half palm grip + a perfect sensor. No software = no problems.

What do you not like?

Coating is too smooth, making my hands sweat. 107g is too heavy, take 7g off and I'd be happy.

Whatever Zowie releases as their next EC1-A, or other brands with similarly shaped mice.

Logitech G400

optical-gaming-mouse-g400-glamour-images

What do you like?

MX518 on steroids with higher DPI.

What don't you like?

The cable is way too stiff.

None at the moment.

kone_xtd11_550.jpg

Roccat Kone [+] (they renamed it Roccat kone XTD)

What do you like?

A well working 4d mouse wheel and a nice easy shift button, that makes it able to use every mouse key twice. Over all the quality is great the mouse is big and comes with a lot of more or less necessery features. (Adjustable wieghts and stuff like that) I had mine for four or five years now and it still feels brandnew. You can easily change the DPI by simply pushing a button and it goes up to 8200dpi, no idea who would need that but I guess it is nice to have. I used that function to lower the dpi when looking through a scope at an enemy far away it enables you to aim more precisely

What do you not like?

The price, 90 euros is quite expansive even when taking into account that other high end gaming mice cost more. (just realised that my keyboard is so old that it does not even feature a euro sign. Maybe I should get a new one)

None. As long as roccat keeps making these I will keep buying them. (If I ever have to buy a second one) 

I've got the Razer DeathAdder 2013
f03_razer_deathadder_2013_usb_6.png

What do you like?
​Ergonomics, fits my hand very well (I'm a mix  of Claw and Fingertip grip). The two side buttons are enough for me without cluttering the mouse. The weight is also good, though I've never been picky about that; I'd say it's a lighter weight though.
What do you not like?
Reliability, my scroll wheel broke on my last mouse after a year of normal use. The drivers are terrible, had to install an older version so I didn't go nuts.

Zowie FK1

The Logitech g602.

Logitech_G602.jpg

What do you like? it has 6 thumb buttons!! I can use one for team speak, local chat, squad chat, command chat, menu, and spawn screen in Squad. This is a really nice feature that I find quite hard to find in other mice

It also has a really long battery life for a wireless mouse and quite accurate as its optical vs laser

What do you not like?

It may not be best for large surface acceleration compared to some wired mice. It only has a 500Hz USB rate.

I have so many sitting in a drawer so I'm not really looking. However, if I could find a good wired gaming mouse with 4 or more thumb buttons, I might be interested in trying it out

Zowie EC1-A

F8Rm5rk.png

What do you like?

Perfect shape for my hand and my half claw, half palm grip + a perfect sensor. No software = no problems.

What do you not like?

Coating is too smooth, making my hands sweat. 107g is too heavy, take 7g off and I'd be happy.

Whatever Zowie releases as their next EC1-A, or other brands with similarly shaped mice.

Have you used the Corsair software is it any good or just barely working piece of code?