Rayyaan

Health Status Condition Clarification (Infantry)

Hi.

This thread is dedicated to all of us due to the saying

"I am Dead-Dead"

How to stop this? Simple, in a training mode or manual or community effort there needs to be a clarification.

• Dead is Dead. You're not being resurrected by a medic.
  • Injured needs a medic bag for magical human flesh crisis resolution
  • Critical is the guy who's on the floor and needs to be electrocuted to come back to life

Sounds cool?

Cool.

The way it's in PR and people should use it is:

okbleedingblack and whitewoundeddead

Even your screen says 'Wounded' or 'Dead', other expressions are just community made.

I don't play PR much these days.

Yes, black & white is another oddity that has appeared in the community.

However, my main point of the suggestion is to formalise these phrases into a universal system through a manual or a training mode or community engagement. The result being better communication & more realistic comms.

PR players have a nasty habit saying "I'm dead-dead." what the fuck does dead-dead mean? It's either you're dead or not. What they should say is, if they're wounded or dead; (It shows up on the screen for fucks sake.) I've always hated when my squad mates need a medic and they say dead-dead.

In South america we speak ( dead ) in our language to resurrect , and dead in English, to dead - dead .. :P

In South america we speak ( dead ) in our language to resurrect , and dead in English, to dead - dead .. :P

loving it.

Dead-dead makes sense in PR since "wounded" could also mean you're just shot and bleeding. Personally I'm not aut... er, obses... er, caring enough to be upset because people say "dead-dead", since everyone knows what they mean and it's not really a big deal.

I do however think there should be a more advanced, 'realistic' (within teamplay reason) medic system, more similar to that of DayZ that simulates different types of trauma, shock and conditions, where you could check pulse, use defibs for some, epipens for other, stabilize others with saline etc. Of course, flying casualties back to base is out of the question if they're still player controlled, and staying in a hospital for three weeks in a video game isn't really feasible, hence the "within reason" part. While the system should be more realistic, I don't think you'd need any long or annoying animations for it (like in PR, attaching magic flesh for a long awkward silence part), so in total the heal time wouldn't be that much longer than in PR, depending on the medic player.

"Dead-dead" is non-ambiguous and perfectly appropriate for PR. The community will use whatever nomenclature they see fit. Don't get pissed off just because it sounds silly.

"Dead-dead" is non-ambiguous and perfectly appropriate for PR. The community will use whatever nomenclature they see fit. Don't get pissed off just because it sounds silly.

I concur

I don't think anybody is unclear about the meaning of "dead-dead".

It's just that "dead" can mean "dead-dead" or "wounded".

Not really sure what kind of thing the devs could do to fix the problem. FPS players have been conditioned by all other FPS games to think "dead = I can't move" so it has become natural for us to use language that way.

Devs don't need to do anything, the community will create its own terminology. But I think Wounded - Down - Dead would be pretty ok.