Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ghroznak

Shotguns, mines, mortars?

Are more weapons planned for the game?

As title suggests, shotguns as a support role for city fighting and in compounds? Such as AA-12, mossbergs etc.

Mines or claymores, especially when vehicles are implemented?

Mortar squads?

Would love to see a bit more variery in the weapon lineups and choices. Not saying we should have some kinda weapon progressions system and unlocks like battlefield (the idea of standard weapons and tools inna squad is great) but additional weapons for the support roles would allow squads to be more flexible towards achieving their goals. E.g. Using mines and claymores to lay an ambush on a road or similar.

Yeah been confirmed some time ago

Minefields and mortars around FOB as well as a breacher class with shotgun...unless my memory is screwed up^^

Wow, this game is so impressive :)

I can't wait to see these things, as well as vehicles, implemented.

Just hope they make shotguns realistic too. E.g effective past 5 meters unlike some (most?) games where every shotgun behaves like it was sawed off.

Wow, this game is so impressive :)

I can't wait to see these things, as well as vehicles, implemented.

Just hope they make shotguns realistic too. E.g effective past 5 meters unlike some (most?) games where every shotgun behaves like it was sawed off.

I love the shotgun in Ro2's expansion Rising Storm, can be effective up close and still at some long ranges!

As much as I never really liked BF's arcade nonsense, I gotta give credit to their shotguns. They have decent range for most ganes where "you have to see the white of the enemy's eyes to hit them" -IMFDB

But realistically, they won't exactly be of much use right? Since shotgun rounds perform badly against armour.

Project Reality never used a Battlefield Rank system for the players because that increase Arcadeism on the games , SQUAD is good without that system , because it´s a Replica of Project Reality and have to keep they´re essence, if SQUAD puts that Player Level Experience System in-game will ruin this game. SQUAD is good at it is right now, only thing it needs is Varieaty of Maps, Tanks , Mortars, IED´s and a Commander. And maybe a Helicopter for Supplies and Evacs but only with bigger maps. 

SQUAD STAFF - Please dont ruin this game. Battlefield and Call of Duty are enough, the Game Industry dont need to copy eachothers and there is no need to do that in your good game, thats call SQUAD, I played 9 Years Project Reality and if SQUADS keeps it like it is now i plan to keep playing until i die.

3 hours ago, Tupac Pereira said:

Project Reality never used a Battlefield Rank system for the players

I remember the rank system being in early iterations of PR. (Not by choice)

You'd hear that damned drumroll every game.

Did you bump the wrong thread? It's completely different to what you posted.