I am going to be very honest in my personal feedback - please consider it constructive as I intend it to be.
* New vehicles like TOW MATV and Spandy are very welcome, as is the Engineer kit and ability to blow up wrecks.
* New Engine - long overdue but I understand the crazy leg work the team had to put in to make this happen, so good stuff. Has resulted in a much smoother game for me overall, and the future potential with this is exciting.
* Removing FTL Range exploit and ping - Good move, something I have been asking for since day 2 of its implementation. Once people started exploiting it it had to go. In a game where the squad and team are meant to work together, giving AT god power over range is silly.
* RAAS Fog - Likely the best change of all. Will help with map fatigue that most of the community is suffering with right now, and hopefully help the map makers make decisions going forward in their design.
* Shovelling changes - self explanatory - good work.
* Flogging a dead horse here, but here goes. Speed and Stamina. What is interesting is finally the Squad community is united, even if it is in almost universal dislike of some changes in this patch. The speed increase is too much - I said this in closed testing when I was told it was a reaction to Apex Legends making Squad feel slow, and I say it again now publicly. Toning it down a little will help. However the animations still look ridiculous, and things like climbing stairs SHOULD have an impact on speed.
The biggest issue, and one I can not understand is why stamina has been made redundant. Your stamina recovers at such a fast rate that it might as well not exist. You have the PERFECT opportunity here to fix so many issues - tie stamina to weapon stability, make players manage their stamina. Add sway back into the game after QA essentially pulled it out in the v12.1 hotfix. Make it so that low stamina is punished with poor accuracy. This seems so obvious in a game designed to promote teamwork. You, as an individual, should NOT be able to sprint 100m and perfectly ping a dude from 200m away. You should move with your squad and be more deliberate in that movement. And you should be trying to promote firefights that last and are fun, now instantly over. More sway, more suppression, all tied to stamina. Then slow down the stamina regeneration.
One of the biggest problems you have is the fact that this change essentially undermines the message and public goals of the game, and creates confusion in the current playerbase. This game will forever be relatively niche, but this change is to encourage pubbys to pick up and play. A fine goal, but massively flawed in its implementation. The stated reason for this in testing was that players need mobility - thats what vehicles are for. So they lose all their vehicles? They should get punished with poor mobility. Giving individuals the ability to Usain Bolt across the map is not the solution.
Bring back sway, bring back proper suppression, tie it to stamina. Real simple stuff.
* Still no mortar calculator. Unfortunately the community is rife with people using external tools to get an advantage. If Squad is serious in its goal to attract new players and level the playing field, then an in-game calculator needs to be added, otherwise new players simply can not compete. In the meantime add some element of randomness to the mortars to stop the pinpoint accuracy - maybe 5-8m is enough in the meantime.
* Buddy rally - another one of the changes that clearly was not thoughts out. HABs are redundant, and this is beyond exploitable. Again, your logic is to promote a fast paced game with no down time to promote new players coming and sticking to the game. You base this on the fact that no one likes to have to return to main, or spawn at main. A fair goal, though I would suggest the logic is incorrect. However 100% action destroys the gameplay. Defenders should be rewarded for wiping a squads HAB or RP, not face endless spam charges. What next, spawning vehicles in the field?
* Perma Death removal - Again an entirely illogical change. Again made, I presume, to relieve the punishing nature of the game for new players. However this is open to exploit and doesn't reward the team with better movement, positioning and killing power.
Overall some really good changes, but some huge illogical things too - 1 step forwards, 2 back with this patch.
Hoping for some massive changes before this goes live. As some have stated, there is massive concern in the broader, usually more silent side of the community that OWI has somehow changed their goal in making a game that is supposedly the spiritual successor to Project Reality. This patch makes it seem like a pretty poor attempt at a BF4/Apex crossover. Currently there is even more mixed messaging than usual, and what seems to be multiple internal factions pulling this game in different directions to each other, and the public stated goals. This is resulting in huge gameplay changes, confusion, and then hotfixes to revert those changes. This can all be prevented.....
It would also help if OWI could decide what they wanted to do in terms of feedback - there are so many Discord channels currently dumping feedback into them, then there is this thread, there are backchannels, and overall mixed messaging. There are OWI staff with job titles and tags in discord talking about things that is not in their purview, and apparently making changes and decisions to gameplay they should not be involved in, and releasing that information to their groups, creating even more confusion. The silly changes in this patch could have been addressed and rectified long ago in closed testing had a proper feedback mechanic been in place, not just "fight in the 300m squared box to see how the map feels" testing. In my opinion this is why the testing team has been shrinking week on week for months, and is becoming more and more just the area for bragging rights of a few with the right tags and friends. And I say this as someone who has been involved as a Squad tester since before the game was even announced to the public.
I am encouraged by the dedication to having a more agile development and release strategy, and modding 2.0 as I feel modding might have to be the way to save Squad from OWIs internal confusion at this point.
Hopefully you guys can get your future vision in order, make peace with the original kickstarter goal of this being a niche game based on the same vision as Project Reality, and rectify this bipolar patch soon.
I hope this feedback has been useful.