Pro Game Tips:
Team work is more important that KDR
- The most valuable player in the game is not the person that gets all the kills. Its the person that in-powers others to do their job well.
- (95% of the time team work wins games. The other 5% goes to someone that got lucky with at 50+ kdr for a match. (getting 70+ kills and one death in a game does not guaranty victory. the game will still be lost if their is not teamwork. - getting good KDR is a good goal when first starting, but you may find that as you master more and more of the game, your KDR will matter less and less as your ability to help other do their job best becomes more valuable to the team. (many games have been won, primarily from just doing a supply run at the right time.)
For all engagements always avoid a (1 to 1) slug out.
- you will only win 50% or less of the time. and be heart from the engagement. - as a metaphor, imagine your opponent walks into a room were you are posted by a doer. If the room has 2 doers the opponent will look directly at you and shoot. However if the room has 4 doers. Your odds of winning will go up by significantly. So always look for engagements were your opponent hast too many distractions to look at before they find you. (big cluttered rooms, open spaces with long views, land with lots bushes, trees, or buildings, and locations with lots of gun fire to distract.)
Avoid insults, rather give advice or suggestion.
- This goes extra for when squad leading. Often players will drift off from the group, be confused on a plan, or at times disagree with a command. - There is no one way to lead a squad, different strokes for different people.
- More often than not keeping your squad informed from what comes over the command radio will help seal squad approval. - Encourage suggestions. However if a player is trying to give orders out from under you, (your squad cohesion will brake-apart very fast) find a way to ring them back in line. Encourage them to give suggestions. And if they refuse to fallow orders, don't be afraid of pressing that squad kick button. As long as you give ample time, several chances, and encourage them to rejoin the squad after they change their mind. And when they do rejoin.(30% of the time) give them extra brownie points for doing something hard. Keep in mind the best doctors make the worst patients. - When talking on squad command coms. Avoid insults or grips whey people aren't doing what you wont. Rather just give reminders, and suggestions. It is very difficult to know the thought process of another squad lead. when every one is loaded down with multitasking. when in doubt just ask a question.
Don't be afraid to fail
- it is said that a grate leather can do the job meteorically well when the world goes to hell, as everyone else panics and louses their mind.
- on average a good squad lead will have command of 20% of the game. That present will go up if you communicate well and in-power others.
- A good squad lead's plan will go to hell most of the time. How good your squad does mostly depends on how well the team adapts, when the world goes upside-down. Don't get stuck on one way of doing something. Experimentation will often fail, but it will make you a better player for gaining a extra tool in the thought process for the next engagement.
- Encourage banter on local coms. when the crew has a little down time. Such as when traveling for point to point, or when grabbing Ammo.
- Keep the squad radio mostly clear to short coms for tactics.
- Keep command coms. vary short and to the point for tactics, use the keypad numbers to talk directly to a individual squad as often as you can, so you don't clutter the coms.
- Keep in mind communication is king. Squad leads often have coms from, (9 squad mates), (4 to 9 squad leads), (random local players), and a (commander)
Don't forget to have fun.
- As this is a competitive hardcore game. It is also a place to experiment, learn, and teach. More often that not this is done better if everyone is having fun.