All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Bad game culture at the moment

From your own quote maybe don’t abuse players and they maybe more willing to help you out? There are a lot of new players to the game, leading by example might be a good start. I am on aussie servers, and have been in good squads and bad squads like all of us. I find maturity goes along way towards a good gaming experience. I enjoy playing medic class and from my own experience find that if someone is yelling “get the [email protected]&k here useless medic” or asking “can I get a medic please” I know which one has more of a chance to receive my services.
  3. Bad game culture at the moment

I might be wrong. But I think Phoenix means that the mechanic of rallies should be change so that the purpose the serve would be that of a secondary backup spawn. YOu on the other hand are talking about how they can be used tactically with the current mechanics. Two different discussions. And I agree with both. Right now, rallys are very powerful and useful to be just backup. With the Buddy rally it´s just ridiculous how you can change the whole team from being surrounded to being the attacker from the rear (actually happende in Belaya last time I played). Whereas some people think that the mechanic should be changed becaus ehtey consider that current rallies incetivize a gameplay they don´t find satisfactory.
  4. We need a new gamemode... HARDCORE

I´m sorry. You just don´t get it. I´ll try to explain once more. There is no "ACTUAL HARDCORE MODE". Seems like you believe there is something called "actual hardcore" and it is just not posible. To all the things you think of (some of which u mentioned) when you say hardcore, you have to add the possibility of death. That is a mechanic that changes all the other mechanics. And that is imposible to reproduce. Now, given the fact that we cannot reproduce all the things that occur in real life, we have to realice that perfect identification of a videogame with reality is not posible. From there onwards, it´s all about degrees of realism. There is no "ACTUAL HARDCORE MODE", "hardcore" mode people are talking about is just a higher lvl of realism. That can be done by just removing gametags. Only that. There. You have another mode and you can call it "hardcore". Why? well because from the lvl of realism represented by the game, one of them would be LESS "hardcore" and the other one would be MORE "hardcore". If your point was that of nomenclature, then I would understand. "hardcore" can or can not be a suitable name. But that is only a detail. I´ll try with an example. Take Warthunder for instance. It has 3 modes - ARCADE - REALISTIC - SIMULATION. They are all within a videogame, and non of them tries to simulate reality to all it´s extent (we´ve already mentioned that it can´t be completely simulated by a videogame). But one of them is more arcade, the other one includes and removes certain mechanics to make it some DEGREES more realistic. And the last one removes/includes some other mechanics to make it some DEGREES of realism higher/further, and it´s called SIMULATION. Can the simulation mode be more of a simulation?. Well yes, of course, just by having to change gears manually to move the tank would make it even more "HARDCORE". Is that reason enough to say that the names are wrong?. Well, only if you haven´t understood basic principles of language and videogames and you want to spend your time doing that. If it pleases you. You can contact the war thunder guys and tell them that since their realistic and simulation mode aren´t realistic nor close enough to a simulation, they should rename the modes of their game as GAME MODE 1, GAME MODE 2, and GAME MODE 3. So, Bottom line. No one wants a "hardcore" mode, if the only definition you understand by "hardcore" is very limited to something that basically doesn´t and can´t exist in a videogame.
  5. Bad game culture at the moment

Rally points don't have to be a backup... I think you mean you can use the rally to spawn and save the fob if it's disabled. That's just one rally point tactic among others, and generally used by the defense squads
  6. We need a new gamemode... HARDCORE

You're right, the actual Vanilla game should be more hardcore. Sorry but that's not true at all. Good aim and twitch reflex are way more important than good positioning for teamwork it goes 50:50. That happens on all servers across the board (Pubs/Clan/Tournament).
  7. Bad game culture at the moment

Rally's should be used as a backup instead of the main spawn. APC/IFV can be used as Mech-Inf as well.
  8. Challenger 2 ammunition count.

The ammunition stowage capacity of most of the vehicle's are a fraction of what they are in real life. For game balance reasons most likely.
  9. We need a new gamemode... HARDCORE

1) You've just proven my point, that people don't really want an actual hardcore mode(cause it would not be fun and they might as well enlist), but something that they are comfortable with calling "hardcore". 2) FYI, I don't "feel more special" playing Squad than those playing COD/BF. Squad is a better choice for me because it emphasizes less on twitch reflex and more on positioning and teamwork(on a clan server maybe), thus being more challenging. 3) You need to distinguish between playing a "hardcore" game and advocating for a "hardcore" mode. To be specific, the only function of the vaguely defined term "hardcore" is there to make people feel good. Like how you lable some food as "green" or "natural".
  10. Bad game culture at the moment

As for rally points, I don't see how you could scrap rally points. that's how a squad remains independent... I hate squads demanding fobs to spawn at when they could just jump in a technical and drive and put a rally down in about 20 seconds. As for apc/ifv only squads... well... one is a transport with a gun and one is an infantry fighting vehicle so if your going to have dedicated squads for them , youd have to communicate well with the other squads so the vehicles abilities arent wasted
  11. Bad game culture at the moment

Well just so u know Thre4t... kd ratio doesn't mean much in Squad... I mean it's good... but what's important in Squad, if you want to win the game, is killing the right people. Killing 20 npcs who are zerg rushing is fine, yay its 20 tickets.... but if you'd killed those 2 guys that snuck in and blew your radio and sent you back to mainspawn… you would have saved more tickets and done more for your team. My biggest problem with lack of revivals is that most of the time your team has left all the apcs in main to save tickets, putting you at a disadvantage, but then every time a player doesn't revive you when its clearly safe, they have wasted 1 ticket for no reason except their own kd. So if each player on the team refuses to revive someone during a game, that's 38 tickets wasted.
  12. We need a new gamemode... HARDCORE

Sandstorm has a complete foundation so they can spend the developer resources on things like this but Squad needs those resources to continue building the foundation.
  13. Yesterday
  14. I've recently started a team called BravoSix. We're half a dozen members right now and are looking for more to join us preferably in the near future. No requirements needed only the will to play in the tournament and subsequently other tournaments after that. If interested please dm me and join the discord! discord server: https://discord.gg/Z9m2zpp my discord id: neil#6222 steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/neilalec/
  15. Challenger 2 ammunition count.

So what's the justification for the challenger 2 having nearly half the ammo other mbts have. According to wikipedia, the thing can hold 47 rounds for the main gun. The challenger is by far the worst modern mbt in the game, primarily because of the low amount of ammunition. I don't see any reason for why it was made to be this way.
  16. Vehicle imbalance

It's simply better armoured and has ATGMs, it probably has better vision too. Bradleys afaik were built to deal with the BMP's, so the Bradley might still be stronger. Almost every Russian vehicle is weaker than the American counterpart. They're simply not built in the same way. Russian vehicles are mostly amphibious, they're more focused on lighter armour and faster movement instead of slower heavy armour. The Russians in Squad can only truly shine if the devs actually do something with water in the game, and have the Russians be able to cross rivers without needing a bridge.
  17. We need a new gamemode... HARDCORE

New official Coop game mode Hardcore Checkpoint Movement speed is significantly reduced. Enemies are harder. Friendly teammate indicators only show when a teammate is nearby. Objective indicators are hidden in the HUD. If you die, you will respawn with a Mosin bolt-action rifle and Makarov pistol. You must resupply at a Supply Crate to get your Loadout. There are only two Supply Crates. One will spawn on a random objective, the other will always spawn on the final objective. You can only resupply once on a Supply Crate. Small Ammo Boxes will give some ammunition for the weapons you are carrying. It's simple, and it's quick, dirty, and experimental. And because it was successful, now they're expanding it, adding it to PVP modes, etc. Isn't it weirder that's in a released game and not an alpha?
  18. You're right. We should all be forced to run max settings and play with 4fps
  19. Here come the girls part 2

how is that important that you are girls ?
  20. Kicked for swearing?

server admins sometimes just some nerds . you gonna need to deal with this
  21. Looking for a Team? POST HERE

Name: OverSeerFulgrim Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/sjodzko/ Primary Language(s): English Age (optional): 26 Timezone or Region: PST Nature of Interest: Casual or MilSim as long as the players work together I'm happy Gaming Background: I've been a casual gamer my entire life with some clan experience mixed in Additional Skills: Status: "Unsigned"
  22. We need a new gamemode... HARDCORE

Well, although some of the things you mention might be desired by some players, we don´t need to go into that as of now. Don´t yet go to so specific things. I would bet my horse that most players here that want to see a "hardcore" mode, are not even thinking about things like that. I would bet, that what people here want is basically a change in mechanics, not specific content. For example, NO Buddy rally. Probably no rallies at all, or rallies with a short timer before it disappears. Mainly spawning points would be habs and base. Habs. Well maybe a bit easier to disable. Insta death. Not necessarily headshot insta death. But dying twice in less than a minute. or 2 minutes. Just those two things would make the game, maybe not "hardcore" but "hardcore" in comparison to the current gameplay. And of all those changes I´d say that just by making the rally changes, most people would be satisfied.
  23. The Wrench, June 2019

Hey soldiers! Whether summer is nearly here or just a sweet memory (Sorry, Aussie Mod Team), there’s no better reason than The Wrench to close the blinds, fire up the gaming rig, and get into some sweet, sweet modding. Let’s roll! Join us on the Community Modding Discord where you can join discussions and meet the modding community. It’s a great place to share your ideas and passions with like-minded people that will happily help you create something awesome. A QUICK SDK UPDATE BY PHIL Everyone’s favorite UAV-developer hybrid has a quick update for us on the status of the SDK. “We’re testing the runtime components to get as good a picture as we can of the stability and edge cases. Renn [Blueprint Designer] is making a video to help our awesome modders update their creations for the new version of the SDK.” Stay tuned for more as we smash the last of the bugs. GREEN ZONE BY HAWKEN Hawken describes Green Zone as his “first proper map!” If that’s true, there’s a whole heck of a bright future to come! Designed to allow the Militia to engage in guerilla warfare against the U.S. Forces, they’ll still have to be cautious in the wide open areas where armor is sure to chew things up. Belts of thick vegetation and compounds should help them achieve just that. Stressing gameplay and verticality, the smaller map (about 1 km^2) should be perfect for more intimate scrimmages or seeding. We’re looking forward to seeing this one in action! IRON DAWN BY SPECTR_ETERNAL Clocking in on the opposite end of the size scale, SPECTR_Eternal brings us the latest shots from his masterpiece-in-progress. Iron Dawn continues to grow more (sometimes) hidden military installations and civilian structures, creating a sharp contrast to the natural beauty of the map. Frozen lakes, rivers, and deep forests may limit mobility, but you’re going to need to come heavy if you expect to clear out all those facilities. Better double-check that repair kit. VDV AIRBORNE ARMOUR BY MOMENTS_PROJECT moments_project has set out to recreate as many vehicles from the BMD family as they can, starting with the classic BMD-2 IFV, the BTR-D APC, and the BMD-4 family later on. The first two will also have variants developed to give as much realistic functionality to players as possible. Version 0, featured here, is already being built and should surface as soon as the SDK is ready. In hte meantime, moments_project would love your feedback on their first Wrench submission! AUSTRALIAN FACTION BY AUSSIE MOD TEAM From the depths of Australian winter, the Aussie Mod Team has been keeping themselves warm with CPU heat. This time, they’ve sent along a first-look at some character models. Just above, the Australian squad leader model is fully geared up and ready to show off his T-pose. Below, you’ll find the steadfast Rifleman as backup. Lastly, they’ve animated their EF88 and included some footage of it kicking ass left and right: If you’d like more updates or want to get involved, be sure to visit the Aussie Mod Team Discord and say hello! (Not everyone says g’day, ya know.) FINNISH DEFENSE FORCES BY FDFMOD TEAM Always a welcome addition to The Wrench, the FDFMod Team has sent some care packages from Beyond the Wall. The team is currently getting heavy weapon models and textures ready, but they’ve got a little somethin’ else to blow you away too: Inspired by previous photogrammetry experiments going well, they’re proceeding to use those techniques on some parts of the soldier model. FRENCH FOREIGN LEGION BY FRENCH FOREIGN LEGION MOD TEAM It’s been a few months since we’ve heard from the French Foreign Legion Mod Team, but that doesn’t mean they haven’t been quietly busy! Here they’re showing off some steady progress on the Eotech 553 (with help from Fishman), vehicle improvements, and the FRF2. Can’t wait to see more, as always! PISHCHIV BY HANGRATH Fans of his previous map, Elvedalen, will be super excited to see Hangrath sharing a new bit of work. Pishchiv pits British and Russian forces against in each other to battle over a fictional Ukrainian farmland setting. Numerous small villages and wide open opens provide the perfect arena to turn what was once a peaceful pastoral province into a terrifying modern battlefield. SIGN-OFF What a great mix of old favorites and new faces! We don’t know about you folks, but we can’t wait to see these rolling out to live servers. Until the next time, may all your airs be conditioned. Want to be featured here? Submit your mod! SQUAD MODDING HUB MANAGEMENT TEAM OUT. Please note: Offworld Industries is not responsible for mod content. Please contact the creator for assistance.
  24. Vehicle imbalance

@Guan_Yu007, but they are both using just the 2A42 30mm cannon which is already weak ingame. How is the BMP-2 going to be an equal match to vehicles like the Bradley? Just with better armour compared to the BTR and an AT "rocket"?
  25. Are You not Bored with Base Raping Guys?

Rush tactics still work if you can obliterate the back-cap squad. Only way to deal with it is to have the team concede middle if they can't hold it, and put a better squad on back-cap duty. If it's also a matter of team stacking I suggest joining another server. There will always be ways to trounce on weak teams, regardless of server rules.
  26. Update: I've uninstalled the game, reinstalled, cleared the cache, customized the settings, and still working fine. Closed the game, launched again, working fine. Shut down the PC, turned on, launched the game, mic not working. Devs please help!
  27. I've been getting >5:1 K/D on public servers pretty much since the second match I played in Squad. My ~20 years of FPS skills certainly transferred pretty readily. All you need is significantly better shooter mechanics and game sense than the average player and you can get these kinds of K/Ds every round. Even when losing, you can outplay 5 opponents before going down. Of course this isn't the case in competitive matches, where you play with and against players of higher calibre. It has actually gotten easier to get high K/Ds since they implemented weapon sway and suppression, as those changes increased survivability and opportunity for relying on clever plays over twitch aim. Experienced FPSers are good not because they have superior hand-eye or reflexes, but because they know every trick in the book.
  1. Load more activity