1. Past hour
  2. [Suggestion] Dynamic Weather

Confirmed Gatzby is an EA spy
  3. Alpha 11.2

Accidentally a-what? lol np...
  4. Alpha 11.2

Doh, I accidentally a tag. Thanks.
  5. [Suggestion] Dynamic Weather

While I don't know the complexities of a dynamic weather system, I know the mappers have been experimenting and tweaking weather effects on maps like Belaya. I suspect we'd ultimately love a full weather system, but that would absolutely be a post-launch thing, if it were possible. (And oh man, can you imagine a squad rolling silently out of the fog and using thunder for cover?)
  6. Today
  7. Historical accuracy in war games

Well you were claiming that the idea of no frontline women is now over turned, or at least influenced. There aren't many women in video games overall and there are tons of misrepresentations and inaccuracies all over the place. I feel horrible for seeming to side with EA, but the way I see it is that EA wants money. DLCs failed or cost too much resources to make and they split the community. Nobody cares about subtle weapon skins because you don't really notice them. Gameplay advantages sure give you a reason to buy items, but the community clearly hated that and BF2 flopped. So they got rid of DLCs and ramped up the customization, they don't care if it's WW2 and choices are limited, they want money. That's the way I see it despite the retarded comments from some of the DICE and EA staff.
  8. Concealed Carry Pieces

That's what I ended up doing when I settled on the LCP 2 . While I LOVED the grip on the Sig p238, it was almost $700 and the LCP 2 goes on sale for ~$220.
  9. (GD) Goofy Devils

BOOP
  10. Hello! My idea is still very general, so this post is mainly for brainstorming. I think the way that squad leads interact through voice with their squads should be reworked. I love squad leading, it is very rewarding to lead a team to victory. Sometimes though it seems as though I can’t even hear myself think. My answer to the problem of “congested” comms is fireteams. An SL would be able to offer the role of fireteam lead to squad members for up to 3 fireteams. SL’s would be able to talk to the fire team leads and coordinate certain attacks depending on squad comp. the idea is that the whole squad doesn’t need to hear me say that I need my two man armor to move further east. Or asking my marksmen if my mortars are hitting at the correct location. This frees up squad comms therefore having the SL only talk to other SL’s and their own squad’s fireteam leads. Just inagine: Your squad leading and you have three fireteams. Alpha, bravo and Charlie. Charlie consists of two riflemen/crewman operating armor for close fire support and transport of your squad. Alpha team is your medics, your AT, your LMG, and other riflemen. Bravo is your scout team, a marksman and a automatic rifleman (or scout class depending on faction). You take alpha into OBJ and set up frontline defenses. Your armor is ready to assist, and marksmen scouting ahead for incoming enemies. Everything is organized and everyone can tell you what they need and when they need it. As as a side note: I think a commander should also be implemented, this would be difficult to do though, because in real life a commander would be adept at commanding, I think that is a whole other concept than this and would require another thread.
  11. Improvements to vic system

Are you suggesting that this information comes for free? With out any recon? Doesn't seem realistic to have access to this information unless I am misunderstanding your point.
  12. Alpha 11.2

Thank you! Good work.
  13. Historical accuracy in war games

I will always be in the camp of proper marketing and PR concerning accuracy in ones content. If a publisher says, "here's a title that is thematically set in a time period but takes liberties to be fun at the expense of historical accuracy", I won't pitch a fit. No different than if a publisher stated, "here's a title that will be heavily rooted in historical accuracy in every aspect", I won't pitch a fit either. But as soon as the walls go up and honesty/integrity go out the window you can bet I'll pitch a fit. Proper PR and marketing to ones customer base will always be key, especially when you start pushing into the historical space. The issue with BF:V (the current standing offender) is instead of being direct with how they want to utilize/not utilize accuracy they are instead keeping behind a veil and at times grossly attacking criticisms they choose not to address in a professional manner to their players. Historical accuracy in the end is a tool for the creator. It can mean visuals, narrative, settings, etc. A plethora of things to use at ones discretion. However with said discretion comes the responsibility of establishing at what level one is going to portray/utilize historical accuracy within a product. Simply put clarity is the key.
  14. Historical accuracy in war games

Nobody said that they did, and you didn't answer my question, why was there no frontline women soldiers in WW2 games before now?
  15. Historical accuracy in war games

No it's not, all the facts stay the same because no sane person makes conclusion about history based on a multiplayer portion of an arcade game...
  16. Historical accuracy in war games

Well, why were there no female soldiers in WW2 games before now besides the spy service ninja women in Wolfenstein? Now they are in WW2 game as a soldier means the idea of no frontline women soldiers is now over turned right, but depiction in the game didn't overturn it by itself. The game depictions don't do it by themselves, it's who controls the politics, right?
  17. Alpha 11.2

Alpha 11.2 16 JUNE - NORBY Time to patch these pesky bandages! Changenotes: Fixed bandaging failing due to desync between client and server. Now there is a point in the animation after which it can't be canceled anymore to ensure the bandaging gets complete.
  18. Mods you can lock this thread issue has been resolved!
  19. Alpha 11.2

Hey Soldiers, We've released an update containing a variety of fixes, including one for everyone's most-hated bandage bug. In addition to that, some values have changed, some crashes should be gone, and some fences behave more like fences. Dig in! Patch Notes Fixed bandaging failing due to desync between client and server. Now there is a point in the animation after which it can't be canceled anymore to ensure the bandaging gets complete. Fixed mods not loading if a clean installation of Squad was performed. Fixed a crash when trying to equip a role from the wrong team. Fixed a crash on updating the role availability. Fixed a crash on staging zone end. Fixed AntiAliasing being forced disabled when 'low' graphics preset is selected Fixed several vehicles seat configurations for driver and gunners on appropriate vehicles Removed turn limits on the Dshk tripod and Technical Dshk Fixed incorrect zeroing numbers on the Russian RPG7 Tandem Increased Invasion ticket flag gain from 50 to 60 Updated starting tickets on the AAS layers of Belaya, Gorodok, Kohat and Yehorivka Op Fight Light AAS - changed MIL to RU, tweaked flag zone sizes Fixed South Basrah flag on Basrah Invasion v2 Fixed flag names on Narva Invasion v2 Sumari INF v1 - fixed MIL Mainbase naming Fixed transparent fences on Yehorivka Increase HAB cost from 400 to 500 Decrease Militia Hideout cost from 300 to 250 Decrease INS Hideout cost from 250 to 100 Increase Vehicle Repair Station cost (except insurgent) from 300 to 500 Increase Mortar cost (except insurgent) from 250 to 300 Be sure to let us know how the changes feel! We'd love to have them just right for the upcoming free weekend starting on Thursday, June 21!
  20. Improvements to vic system

no not active vehicles. Only the vehicles that exist on the map. So for example for Fools road v3 it would be sth like this: US Russain Stryker 3x BTR 80 2x MTLB 30mm 1x Logi 2x Logi 2x Transport 1x Transport 1x
  21. Kamdesh - GB Optics vs Militia

I am mainly playing on Opfor side (since PR). Actually most of the Opfor maps are open field maps. I do not assume fortification will save the day but let your men stay inside little longer and try to hold while others come from outside to help (also preservation of scout cars and spg thecy is crucial). The main problem, that makes fortification useless, is letting other side freely set up FOB behind the front lines. This is this game's fault that ruins it. Mostly Opfor side.
  22. Playing with friends?

2. Best experience of Squad is had squadding up with everyone else in the server for a full squad, if you're not interested in any of the specific tasks suited for smaller squads such as what Lee up there stated, I'd recommend just jumping into a squad together. You'll still be in fights together and be in constant communication, but it just involves a couple other dudes and you're not quite as handicapped as combat goes.
  23. I agree about SKS. Fall back to AKS or buff SKS (1 chest shot kill - like PS bolt action)
  24. Thank you for your assistans! I´ve updated 1st page. Still issues after disconnecting nighthawk device & only using provied device from ISP
  25. Good thinking, kuracio and Psyrus! I'd call that a breakthrough. The issue is probably somewhere here:
  1. Load more activity